Monday, December 1, 2014

Helloooo December!!

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 191 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 955.2 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 358.8 Money Found For Food Bank: $1.46

Happy first day of December!! Man, it came in just the way you'd expect: COLD!! I think the wind chill was in the single digits when I headed out, but beginning this crazy-jam-packed-full day with a run was totally the right way to start it off!!

This, though, was totally wrong:
I dub thee Best Fake Out of 2014
This little decoy didn't slow my money-finding roll, though. I added 59 more cents to the Food Bank stash! Check it out: In less than a week from donation day, the tally is already over a dollar! Whee!!
Did I mention it was cold??
This weather was not only perfect for a run -- because you know I like this better than the soul-sucking heat of summer's dog days -- but, it was the perfect backdrop to ushering in the holiday spirit! Right?! Many of the local stores are going for it this season ...
The minimalist approach totally worked.
It has its own brand of charm, doesn't it?
And, yes, I think they're finished.
On the other hand, part of my day was spent earnestly finishing what has to be my very favorite Christmas endeavor taking this ...
... to this:
Go Big Or Go Home I never say. Except
when it comes to my Snoopy Tree ...
One of my very favorite parts of this is, of course, the tree 'skirt':
The world's most perfect use for the many Snoopy plush.
Wait, was I talking about running? Or, decorating? Who can tell, but I can say this was one of those days where I had so many things I wanted to accomplish that, even though I accomplished a lot, it felt like nothing because the list was so so so long. Eh, that's how some days go! And, for as many things as pulled different directions and went to the wayside (aka: waiting 'til tomorrow) and piled up, well, I got a good run in! At least there was that!

Oh, and I got a Diet Coke afterward. Yeahhhhh I did!!

And, tomorrow, I'll use otherwise-would-be-running time to finish those things that I didn't quite get to today!! I'll check in then ... Happy December!!

No comments:

Post a Comment