Sunday, December 28, 2014

Little Things

Christmas Tree Bird Assault Status: Cat: 10 ; Bluebird of Happiness, 14. But, barely. Look how I found it this morning ...
It's actually barely hanging on. But, staying in the tree by any
means counts for the bird and further defining the cat as lazy.
'Game On' called on 12/6/14 when bird was placed in tree. Points earned by cat removing bird or bird staying in tree overnight.

So, this sentiment could not be more appropriate for me right now:
That sleep and the jammies part is SPOT ON! It's also pretty applicable to my day as I did sleep in a little bit, and I did wear jammie pants all day. Nothing was wrong with either of those endeavors!

There was nothing wrong with these little goodies, either ...
Mmmm ... Aaron and Pit Crew #2 made Crab Balls tonight, and they were rather yummy! I'd pass along the recipe, but Aaron found it one day, and I have no idea where he got it. And, suffice it to say we didn't use the recommended fresh, fancy crab and swapped in the ol' fake stuff, so we probably didn't really do it any favors. But, with our unrefined, non-fancy palates, they were fantastic!

Aaron also got another little treat ...
Indeed, it's another bluebird for the tree!! This one is more of a guard, though. He's very lovely, but he's not very soft. Besides, he can look menacing if he wants to:
Kinda looks like a hooligan ...
I don't think we'll be finding him dropped around the house!

I enjoy this particular week of the year because it tends to be filled with these kinds of tidbits! None of them are earth shattering, but they are fun! And, as far as I'm concerned, it's the little things that don't necessarily mean something but provide enjoyment that end up meaning the most! Make sure your week is full of the little things that make you happy, too!! I'll be checking in! Stay tuned ...

No comments:

Post a Comment