Saturday, December 6, 2014

Chipping Away While Building It Up

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 193 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 964.2 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 358.8 Money Found For Food Bank: $3.42

I just told Aaron and Pit Crew #3 how much money I found this morning. Aaron appropriately exclaimed, "Holy crap!" seeing as I snagged $1.14 today. And, then there's my very analytical boy who first stated, "Wow ..." Then, he asked how much this past donation was only to very matter-of-factly say, "You can totally beat that next year." And, then, he went back to what he was doing. I have to say, I was totally on board with his just deciding it was possible to exceed my current high total!

It was a chilly and dreary one out there this morning, but I was good with that. I was out earlier than usual, and, it being a Saturday morning, the route was very quiet. I like that quiet now and then. The weather actually provided the perfect backdrop to break out the Christmas running accoutrement:
Now that's coordination!
That's right, a shameless selfie because what better way to show off my favorite candy cane gloves in action?! I love those gloves. There is a hole at the top of one of the index fingers. And, that makes me sad. I need to figure out what to do about that!

The two things I find hard to believe -- yet, they're believable -- are (a) how much money is already in the Food Bank stash, and (b) how close I am to that 1,000-mile goal! I mean, just under 36 miles to go? Really? That's gonna be painful rolling the odometer back to 0 on January 1st awesome!! I have plans to run in the morning to keep chipping away, but I also have an unpredictable evening ahead in terms of control over my time. So, I'm just going to roll with the tide tomorrow, and I'll check in either from the road or from the kitchen!!

By the way, for those who want to keep score ... Cat: 1  Bluebird of Happiness: 0.
This morning, he was found on the kitchen floor. It's like having an Elf on the Shelf, only it's a bird assault.

No comments:

Post a Comment