Sunday, November 30, 2014

Give Not Into Temptation ...

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 190 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 950.7 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 358.8 Money Found For Food Bank: $0.87

I have to admit I am blown away that this is the last day of November!! It most definitely did not feel like this month was wrapping up with the recent warm weather including the precise window of time I was out running this morning which made my choices of what to wear most regrettable. However, an hour after running, I was outside and was freezing from a very sudden, and very steep, temperature plunge! Where was that when I was out there getting all hot and stuff? *sigh* ...

That I was overly warm during the run caused my brain to get all loopy and make me want to cut corners. Three different times, I considered cutting out a loop or other off-shoot, all of which are small but add up. Every time, though, I reminded myself I'd want the mileage later, so I should just carry on.

I was even highly temped at my last opportunity to bail on part of the run because guess whose path I crossed while I was heading to my finish!?!
My chariot awaited if I so chose ...
He was heading toward the pick-up spot, and, not knowing my route, he asked if I had much more to go or if I just wanted to get in. I didn't have that much more to go. But, again, it was enough that I didn't want to lose it. So, I declined and said I'd see him in a little bit.

Here's the funniest thing about that last umph: Along that stretch alone, I found 49 cents of today's 55. Yup, I would have missed out on all of it. How crazy is that?

In other crazy numbers, I would like to note I am just under the 50 mile mark to hit the 2014 1,000-mile goal! I also must note that today's number is adjusted to match the math I'm keeping track of on paper and by hand (double checked daily with the calculator) versus the in-my-head math I have been doing in the tally. I periodically check myself to make sure it's accurate. The last adjustment I had to make reduced my miles, so that was a huge bummer. This one gave me a few back. I like this kind of adjustment much better. Good ol' antiquated methods working out!

With that, I have some little friends staring at me ...
They're anxiously awaiting their placements on the Snoopy tree, so I must tend to that! Enjoy the start of your week and the start of the new month, and I'll check in after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment