Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Look Up In the Sky!!

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 201 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 1,004.5 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 361.8 Money Found For Food Bank: $9.61

Christmas Tree Bird Assault Status: Cat: 9 ; Bluebird of Happiness, 10. New hiding spot prevailed.
'Game On' called on 12/6/14 when bird was placed in tree. Points earned by cat removing bird or bird staying in tree overnight.

It was most definitely my intention to spend at least a little time today to figure out a running plan for the rest of the week. But, when I couldn't even decide what I wanted to do tomorrow, I figured I'd bag the plan and see how I feel 'round-about the time I get up tomorrow!

This morning's plan stuck, though, and we headed out as planned! Yes, I said "we" because look who came with me!
Pit Crew #2 has been wanting to run with me for quite a while but hasn't had the time. I'm pretty sure she second-guessed her motives for wanting to join me this morning when I told her what time I was leaving. Suffice it to say that she about swallowed her face, but she agreed anyway. I understood the face swallowing; it's not like I didn't want to sleep in!

But, look what we saw almost immediately upon walking out the door!!
That's right ... it's the SUN!! How long has it been since we've seen that ?! It got brighter and brighter as we cruised along, and it was just a smack of happy for the day!

And, our moment of amusement came when this little guy decided to defend his territory:
And, by "his territory," I mean he was out and about on public land but decided it was all his. We had just noted how smart he was to stay out of the street when he couldn't resist ...
That was an excellent little moment. Finding a total of 96 cents was its own string of excellent little moments, too! And, of course, I loved being with my girl!!

And, as noted yesterday, within about an hour of finishing, cookies arrived!
I have no idea what has happened to most of that fudge ...
So, here's to tomorrow, whatever it brings!! I'll check in after whatever I do!! Merry Night Before the Night Before!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment