Friday, December 5, 2014

Perfect Wrap-Up

When I saw Aaron this morning, he'd already been up for a couple of hours (he's like that). The first thing he told me was that it was raining outside. Upon hearing the news, I threw my fists up over my head in a way that could rival any Olympian crossing the finish line for gold. Yes, this girl was more than happy to let the opportunity to run pass on by today!

It was a helluva week, that's for sure, but it wrapped up well. Once I got myself going, I spent my morning hanging out with a friend (yay!) and then the afternoon was consumed with putting up more Christmas ornaments. Spreading the decorating out over the week is totally working for me this year. I'm a bit surprised in a fabulous way!

This was one of my favorite placements today:
Pit Crew #3 made that origami wreath in grade school, and I love placing it in the branches to highlight an ornament behind it. This year, I put the Styrofoam ball ornament I made in 3rd grade. We glued a Christmas paper napkin to the ball, covered it all in glue then rolled it around in white glitter. I still remember all of it because it was the best day. Crafts in class!! Anyway, the hanger for this ornament fell out years ago, but it sits nicely*.

*Unlike Lizzy who hasn't sat nicely all day except when she's been asleep. The Christmas ornaments are like a substitute catnip for her. Fortunately, she knows what's good for her, and she's leaving the ornaments alone. She's just acting the fool.

Today was a good way to wrap up a really hard week. Frankly, I'm exhausted! But, that won't keep me from hitting the roads tomorrow as this girl needs to run! Start your Saturday off exactly as you want, and I'll check in after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment