Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Whatever It Takes

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 194 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 972.2 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 361.8 Money Found For Food Bank: $4.30

Christmas Tree Bird Assault Status: Cat: 2 ; Bluebird of Happiness, 2
'Game On' called on 12/6/14 when bird was placed in tree. Points earned by cat removing bird or bird staying in tree overnight.
The culprit caught stalking ...
My strategy for making sure I went out and ran this morning was occupying myself with anything else to do until I ran out of time to take a shower. Once the shower is taken, the running option is off the table. The strategy worked, and I got some things cleaned up and a grocery list of those odds-and-ends you never remember was compiled. Bonus!

Given my state of being (tired), I did alter my 4.5-mile plan to 3 miles. And, that meant ... da-da-daaaaaa ... Elly could come!! She'd already come in to wake me up with more spring in her step than I think I'm going to have all day, so the idea of taking her was good motivation to get out there at all!

It was a cold one out there. It was so cold that my face was numb by the end:
The short outing was a good call reaffirmed when I fished the money out of my pocket that I found along the way. I thought I'd found a nickel; it was a quarter (sweet! Better than the other way around ...). That I wasn't tuned in enough to realize I'd scored big, that tells me a lot! I did get a bit of sunshine like I asked for yesterday. Now, I think I need extended sleep!

Even though this run wasn't one of those solid ones that leaves me feeling strong, it did leave me feeling a general sense of healthy. And, that's good, too. Not all runs are going to be fantastic. But, none of them are regrettable!

Take care of yourself any way you need and the way that you need today, and I'll check in after one more run before a rest!!

No comments:

Post a Comment