Friday, December 12, 2014

Hooray For Birthdays!

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 196 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 981.2 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 361.8 Money Found For Food Bank: $6.77

Christmas Tree Bird Assault Status: Cat: 5 ; Bluebird of Happiness, 2. I think the bird needs a new hiding place.
'Game On' called on 12/6/14 when bird was placed in tree. Points earned by cat removing bird or bird staying in tree overnight.

The geese are ready
for some celebrating!
Happy Friday!! And, what a great day for me; it's my birthday!! I do so love birthdays!! Whee!!

Okay, I have to tell you this story: The other night, I was talking to the mom of one of Pit Crew #2's friends. The topic of my birthday being today came up, and she asked if I was going to divulge how old I was. I was like, "Yeah, who cares, I'll be 46." I mean to tell you, the mom about swallowed her face. Seriously, it was quite the reaction! She, herself, is 38 as is her husband. I know how old her husband is because he was right there and got all, "Don't go telling her my age!" when she said it, to which the mom said, "Well, she's almost 46!" making his eyes about bug out of his head. I simply looked at him and said, "Pipe down, Junior," and we all giggled our way into a different topic.

I'm just saying I think this 46 looks pretty good!
Today's celebratory run was a good one. I predicted it would be. It's been nice these past handful of years to start off my birthday with a run. It gives me that time for birthday-specific morning prayer as well as embracing the fact that I'm able to scoot along the streets any old way I want and feel good about myself doing it. It's pretty sweet if you ask me!

Also sweet? Check out what I found along the route today under the heading of, "Seriously. People. That stuff you're dropping is m.o.n.e.y.!!"
Ninety-nine jingle-jangles today!
By the way, I was running along a stretch of meters when I heard a very deliberate, "Hey." Then I heard a quick (and, seemingly friendly) whistle to get my attention. I looked up, and it was this guy who beamed a huge smile when he said, "I do that, too!" I gave him a thumbs up and kept going. I should have said, "Is that why this stretch is bare today?" but I didn't. I always figured there were people who knew exactly what I was doing among those who are paying no attention to me whatsoever. And, now I know!

Also sweet in an entirely different way, check out what I saw when I got in my car this morning!
Aaron left it there as a birthday surprise -- Home Free's Christmas CD!! YEAHHHH!!! I love me some Home Free. Those boys can sing!!

It was a good run, indeed, and a great way to start my birthday! But, I've intentionally scheduled a rest tomorrow as we will all partake in the traditional birthday appetizer dinner! It's not good running fuel, but it is super fab!! Enjoy every part of your Friday whatever you are doing, and I'll check in over the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment