Sunday, December 21, 2014

It Continues ...!

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 200 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 1,000 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 361.8 Money Found For Food Bank: $8.65

Christmas Tree Bird Assault Status: Cat: 7 ; Bluebird of Happiness, 9. My foot found the bird at 5 a.m. as it had been carefully placed next to the bed as an offering ... I guess the cat is still in the game ...
'Game On' called on 12/6/14 when bird was placed in tree. Points earned by cat removing bird or bird staying in tree overnight.

As of today, it's feeling more and more like Christmas is really coming! Today was full of little things here and there that come together to really get in the spirit including doing a little cooking to get ready for a gathering with friends tomorrow! You can guess my main contribution to the meal: SPINACH BALLS!

Click above for the original recipe, but I had to bring this up because we made yet another amendment to it that took them to a whole new level:
You're seeing that correctly: BACON!

We cooked a pound of bacon crispy enough to crumble by hand (instead of having to cut in any way). I divided the recipe (which I made with our first amendment of artichoke hearts) adding bacon to only half as one of our friends is a vegetarian. We ended up using only half of the pound of bacon for half the recipe. We still don't have any bacon left over, but that's an entirely different story.

The bacon was the perfect enhancement; a great Christmas treat!! I highly recommend even though we won't use it all the time because (a) I hate making bacon because it's so messy, and (b) it kind of defeats the purpose of the healthy part of this recipe!! But, that ought to be countered in my next version of this recipe when I use ... wait and see ...

By the way, I've never dinked around with any recipe so much. I'm not usually that interested to do so. But, this one's base is sooooo good and lends itself to playing around. It also lent itself to my family noticing that every few days, I'm all, "Hey! I know what else I can do to those spinach balls!" only to have Pit Crew #3 look at me last night and say, "Mom, this is becoming, like 'Pimp My Spinach Balls.' " And, so it is ...

With that, there's more fun to do ... and, tomorrow, that will not include running, but it might include a plan about what I'm going to do about continuing to move through the holidays! I'll check in then; enjoy the rest of the weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment