Monday, December 22, 2014

Plans, Day By Day

Christmas Tree Bird Assault Status: Cat: 9 ; Bluebird of Happiness, 9. Tied in a 2-for-1 effort by the cat.
'Game On' called on 12/6/14 when bird was placed in tree. Points earned by cat removing bird or bird staying in tree overnight.

The cat is getting a little lazy in the game ... this is where the bird was both this morning and just now:
It just looks sad, doesn't it?
Of course, Daphne's all, "Whatever! I just scored two points in one day!" She seems to be expanding her sites ...
Don't go getting wise, girl ...
As we speak, there are more ... yes, MORE ... spinach + artichoke + bacon balls in the oven! They were such a hit with our friends that they were gone in a flash! So, we thought we'd make a selfish batch for dinner! And, they're going to be part of great fuel for running in the morning. I knew I'd work to get a couple in this week, and, after seeing the forecast for next week, I think I'd better take advantage of the warmer temperatures! I know upper 30s isn't warm, per se, but it's awesome for running. At this point, next week is supposed to bring a drop in the temps, and with days to work with to make a good, long stretch of rest, I figure that's the best way to plan one!

Besides, we got a call from some friends who want to bring over some Christmas cookies tomorrow morning. What better way to wrap up a run than to run right into Christmas cookies?! Only this time of year ...!!

This week can be both wonderful and weird as the rest of 'life' goes on while we prepare to celebrate! So, I hope any craze of the week is not chaotic! We've managed to keep things at the appropriate celebratory-buzz level so far!! I think a run to start the morning off kind of cleansed from the inside is a good call to keep the momentum going in the right direction!

Take care of yourself the way you need, and I'll check in after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment