Monday, December 15, 2014

The Numbers Game

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 198 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 990.2 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 361.8 Money Found For Food Bank: $7.77

We're tied! Take that, cat!
Christmas Tree Bird Assault Status: Cat: 5 ; Bluebird of Happiness, 5. They're tied! New hiding-in-plain-sight strategy seems to be working in the bird's favor.
'Game On' called on 12/6/14 when bird was placed in tree. Points earned by cat removing bird or bird staying in tree overnight.

MondayMondayMondayMonday ... what is one to do on a Monday? To be honest, I have so much stuff staring at me waiting to be accomplished that I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed! But, at least I got in a run! That is one thing I started and finished today all in one shot! Booyah!!

And, it's that 'all in one shot' thing that's the kicker, isn't it? I mean, how many days do you accomplish things, but it's not that satisfying because it took multiple pockets of time to do so? Even if I'm not saying it right, I know you know what I'm talking about!

WAIT: Is that the SUN I see?!?!
It's been so very long ...
So, anyway ... there I was, running on December 15 in the 50-degree temperature. Whuuuuuuut?! At least I finally caught on that it really is okay to not be layered on such days, so I dressed just right. I'm saying that once the temps plunge and the base layer comes out, it's hard to convince myself in December that I don't need it. It's quite the leap of faith even though the numbers really don't lie.

Oooo ... speaking of numbers, there just has to be something lucky about the amount of money in the Food Bank stash, don't you think? I mean, $7.77 ... c'mon!! Lucky 7's!! Three in a row! Jackpot, baby! It's the little things ... although, finding two quarters in the street a few feet away from each other with a dime in between was a big thing today!

And, then there's the other number. The mileage. Literally inside of 10 miles from 1,000. If I'm willing to go past the 4.5 miles I've been doing in the mornings, I could knock that out this week. And, not just this week, but on the same day as rolling the 'days run' to 200 ... a nice, round number! I'll give that some thought. Right now, it seems right. But, right now, I'm also pretty sleep deprived, so my brain isn't quite straight!

And, big bonus: The sooner I hit this goal, so sooner I can plan out a long rest ... yeahhhhh!!! So, we're saying, 9.8 miles tomorrow, then, right?! hahahahahahaha

Given my level of current, focused capacity, I'm thinking I need to quit while I'm ahead on today's documentation and get on to something requiring what's left of my brain power! If your Monday is scrambled, too, may it also be productive on some level. Any level will do! Hang in there on this Monday, and I'll check in on tomorrow's Rest Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment