Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Never Mind On That Plan "A" Thing ...

Christmas Tree Bird Assault Status: Cat: 6 ; Bluebird of Happiness, 6. Tied again! Cat got back in the game ...
'Game On' called on 12/6/14 when bird was placed in tree. Points earned by cat removing bird or bird staying in tree overnight.

I know there's that whole saying that goes something like, "If you want God to laugh, make plans." I have never been a fan because I don't like the implication that He's laughing at me nor do I believe that. I do think He knows better, though, which is the exact sentiment I have to hold on to on days like this!

That's right, you don't see the mileage counter up there because my best-laid plans to run came to an instinctive, screeching halt around 3 a.m. I'd gotten up to check on whichever of the young Pit Crewers was hacking up a lung at that point and could feel the tell-tale signs of something trying to settle in to my neck and sinuses. I could also tell that was the exact moment where I could be smart and make as many decisions as possible to take care of myself, or, I could ignore it and wind up down and out for a few days. At that hour, I could hear the little germies taunting me asking if I wanted to dance; I checked on still-don't-know-which-crewer before politely declining. And, I decided right then and there I wasn't running today. It can wait 'til Friday!

It was also at that hour, by the way, that my foot discovered game was still on between Daphne and the Bluebird of Happiness:
Snatched from the tree and kicked in the dark of night. That
bird is taking a beating ...
With the extra time available from not running, I've managed to get a ton accomplished including a little something fun:
So simple. So fabulous.
It's a day of regrouping, checking things off, adding to the list I just checked stuff off of, reorganizing, following up on ... all of the things that will make Christmas Break all the more appreciated!!

I hope your day isn't as haggard! I really hope you've avoided the really nasty strain of whatever-it-is that is plaguing so many!! Who wants to be sick this time of year?! Tomorrow's all booked up, so it's not a running day, but I'll touch base to hopefully kick off a great run Friday morning! Fingers crossed! Take care wherever you are and whatever you are doing! More tomorrow ...!

No comments:

Post a Comment