Saturday, December 27, 2014

That's a Wrap!

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 202 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 1,010.5 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 361.8 Money Found For Food Bank: $9.79

Christmas Tree Bird Assault Status: Cat: 10 ; Bluebird of Happiness, 13. Looks like the cat is going to have to eat some crow ...
'Game On' called on 12/6/14 when bird was placed in tree. Points earned by cat removing bird or bird staying in tree overnight.

As I thought through our Saturday morning plans last night, I realized, weather permitting, I could route 6-mile outing that would be the perfect cap on this year of running. I've been eyeing the idea of taking a week off at some point this year, so, why not make it the very last week! I can tell I'm ready for it, too ...!

And, as luck would have it, the weather totally permitted the plan. Even better, Pit Crew #2 was all about joining me! I love her company; we're good at both the talking times and the have-nothing-to-say times, so it works out great! She isn't ready to just hop out there and safely run 6 miles right now, and, Christmas Eve/Christmas dinner is hardly awesome running fuel anyway (that's the kind of thing that'll take its toll on mom!!), so I decided we'd go old school by running the down hills and walking the rest. That's actually an amendment to my old-school ways because I used to run the downs and the flats. But, I also hadn't just had breakfast for dinner nor lasagna, so I took the excuse for yet another amendment. My run; my rules.

We had a great outing with plenty of things to talk and giggle about. We found money along the way, and it snowed just enough to be pretty without getting us very wet! And, the unexpected bonus came when I realized just how up hill these 6 miles are! Physically, it's an effort either way, walking or running, but, mentally, walking takes less of a toll. Just sayin'! I actually enjoyed learning how up hill that particular route is as I reflected on how many times I've run it. I took the opportunity to let PC#2 know how much more of a stud it makes me feel now that I'm fully in the know. She didn't argue the point; I decided that meant she agreed!

With those miles behind me, that's it for running this year! My body is totally ready to chill before gearing up for the next round of back-to-back Half Marathon trainings which starts right around the corner! And, frankly, my mind is ready for the break, too. With a whole week ahead of nothing planned in the mornings, now's the best time to fully indulge and regroup!

I will be checking in, though, so stay tuned! Thank you for coming along every step* of 2014!! Now ... let's just play for a bit!!

By the way ... the average number of steps in a mile is 2,000. That being said, you've come along 2,021,000 steps with me! WOAH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment