Wednesday, December 24, 2014

The Night Before ...

Christmas Tree Bird Assault Status: Cat: 9 ; Bluebird of Happiness, 11. That bird just might win.
'Game On' called on 12/6/14 when bird was placed in tree. Points earned by cat removing bird or bird staying in tree overnight.

Merry Christmas Eve!!! That reminds me ... I need to find that book ("Twas the Night Before Christmas." I read it every year but never remember to find it until right before everyone heads to bed. Now, that's planning ...)

I hope your day has been full of exactly what you've wanted!! It's been chock full here, and all of it has been exactly what we've needed to really settle in to the Christmas spirit ... minus the fight I had with the sewing machine this morning, but that could have been predicted. I fully intended on heading out this morning to run with Pit Crew #2 until it was drizzling at the very time I was making my decision. I wasted no time getting in the shower so as to put a big null-and-void stamp on the very idea of running just in case the rain let up any time soon. Frankly, I more than need the rest and I had plenty to keep myself occupied!

Among other things we did today included a dabble in decorating these:
We had a kit I bought on clearance after Christmas last year. Since the point is decorating and not eating, I had no problem opening up the expired products! If you look at the one on the left, it is a town house turned outhouse -- because that's totally what it looked like. The outhouse looks like Rudolph, antlers and all, and has a line of gingerbread people in front waiting to get in. Wait ... here's a better look from its front:
After we finished, we embarked on a Christmas Eve tradition Aaron and I created many moons ago: Breakfast for dinner! It all started with the idea that we should get breakfast out of the way so we don't have to 'waste time' on it in the morning! We shifted the tradition this year from making it at home to going out ... which was a.w.e.s.o.m.e.!! We also took presents there from each other to exchange (because the presents that come tomorrow are from Santa, duh). Pit Crew #3 gave PC#2 a crap-ton of Ramen noodles while she gave him sparkling grape juice and gooey butter cookies! We go all out, you see!
With that, it's off to continue with the traditions and the winding down of the evening! May your evening be peaceful ... and, I'll see you tomorrow ...!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment