Wednesday, December 3, 2014

I'm Glad I Don't Need Pintrest To Run

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 192 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 959.7 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 358.8 Money Found For Food Bank: $2.28

This morning started out with that moment where I realized my favorite running pants and my favorite base layer (skins) pants were both clean. Ahhhh ...

Then came that moment when I was ready to walk out the door only to realize I'd put my pants on backward. It's already been a pretty rough week, so you'd think I would have allowed that moment to set me up for emotional failure for at least a little while. But, then, I had that quote from Ross on Friends go through my head: The one where he keeps putting his pants on backward and indignantly says out loud, "What is wrong with these pants?!" And, that made me laugh which had reverse effects on aforementioned potential emotional upheaval.

It was only 23 degrees this morning, but, with no wind, it was no big deal. The only deal of it was that I was slightly overdressed, but I'm becoming accustomed to not dressing quite right for any run. I scored a whole lotta coins bringing the Food Bank total way up for so few runs, and just getting out in the fresh, crisp air set a good tone for the day even though -- if I'm being honest -- I really didn't feel like running today.

Oh, and had I known I was so close to rolling the mileage count to a good, round number, I would have done so. But, I didn't realize it. So, I didn't.

While there was very little new on the running front today, I present to you the latest and greatest accomplishment in Christmas decorating:
The ornament vase packs a festive punch for the Peanuts Gang,
does it not?!
I realize there are millions ahead of me on the ornaments-in-a-vase thing, but I'm pretty slow at such ventures. If I looked at all of the Pintrest ideas my friends post, I would have gotten on this project* like a boss as soon as the Christmas decorations surfaced. But, I don't get on Pintrest because I don't have the self-discipline to stay away from looking at it all.day.long. Indeed, I have the self-discipline to run 13 miles, but, I do not believe I have the discipline to stay off of a crafty website. Just keepin' it real.

* I like how I referred to putting ornaments in a vase as a 'project.' It took me less than five minutes to carefully drop those bad boys in that vase. It probably would have taken me longer if I'd tried to fill the space versus going all willy-nilly with their placement. I'm also pretty sure if I checked it out on Pintrest that none of the examples have the tops/hangers of the ornaments showing; that they would be tucked toward the middle to show off the splendor of the ornaments instead of distracting us with the tacky little wire hangers. But, that sounds tedious and totally not fun, and it would only make me hate looking at Pintrest instead of keeping the elusive website in my head as the crafty wonderland I have created in my head.

And, tomorrow? Well, we'll have to see what the weather brings as there's a possibility of freezing rain. That's no good for anybody! I'll check in with the outcome ... (ps: Brrrrrrr ...)

No comments:

Post a Comment