Friday, December 26, 2014

Welcome Back, Old Friend!

Christmas Tree Bird Assault Status: Cat: 10 ; Bluebird of Happiness, 12. Indeed, the game is still on even though I failed to give a status yesterday because I forgot! Both cat and bird have been equally busy since the last update, though, so nothing has actually changed ...
'Game On' called on 12/6/14 when bird was placed in tree. Points earned by cat removing bird or bird staying in tree overnight.

Happy day after Christmas!! I hope yesterday was everything you wanted it to be no matter what that means! Big and loud or small and quiet celebrations! Fancy dinners or junk food fests! Extended family or just your own ... whatever works best for you is what I hope happened! The one tradition I can't yet seem to influence in my favor is sleeping in a little longer, but I do love the excitement that comes with those who want to be up and at it early! So, what's a little, early afternoon nap among family?!?!

I must share one of the gifts Aaron got me:
The sign, not Rudolph. He's there just dressing it up.
In case you can't see it, it reads, "I'm just chillin' @
the corner of Smokin' Hot & Fabulous."
HAHAHAHAHA! That rules!
From our early morning of presents to our traditional lasagna dinner, I was filled to the brim with goodness! So, when Pit Crew #2 asked if I was running this morning, I didn't hesitate in answering, "NO CHANCE!" I did so firmly but with a smile! Oh, but you might have guessed from yesterday's post that we all got a chance to go for a walk yesterday! I am not ashamed to admit that my main motivation for walking was that late Christmas Eve, Aaron found Jacques ready to go in his Santa suit!! He's like Elf On the Shelf in that way ... Anyway, there was no way I was letting the holiday pass without one walk with him since he's been MIA for months! Elly was STOKED when she saw him; she knows what Jacques means!!!
"I MEAN BUSINESS is what I mean!!
Let's go, dog!! We have miles to make
up for!!!"
There is nothing quite like seeing Jacques bounce along the entire outing, by the way!

We're about to hit another shift in temperature (meaning it's about to plunge according to all reports), which sounds like it's just about a good time to call the official Rest Week. But, I'm still wanting to eek in just another outing or two to push the week where I really want it to land. That being said, I'm planning on a long outing tomorrow morning if the weather holds! PC#2 is set to join me, so we'll check in tomorrow with the verdict of what we were able to do!

Until then, it's time to wind this Friday down into a slow cruise ... see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment