Friday, December 19, 2014

One More

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 199 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 995.5 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 361.8 Money Found For Food Bank: $8.62

Christmas Tree Bird Assault Status: Cat: 6 ; Bluebird of Happiness, 8. It's back in the saddle for the bird! Or, should I say, back in the tree ...
'Game On' called on 12/6/14 when bird was placed in tree. Points earned by cat removing bird or bird staying in tree overnight.

Wow, I think I kind of need it to be Friday!! I mean, I just sat down to jot about today's run when I learned -- yes, learned -- I have not run since Monday! I honestly thought I only had two days off of running only to learn it was three! That probably explains why this morning went so well, too ...

Being so close to my goal, I decided to extend one of this week's runs past my normal 4 and a half-ish so I wouldn't leave something stupid like a mile or so hanging before hitting the goal with another run. That translated to going more than 5 today so tomorrow's normal route didn't have to be extended. Because, let's face it, who wants to extend a Saturday morning run on a cozy, December morning?!

Anyway, it was cold but not windy this morning, and that for a very pleasant outing! The snow also made money finding a mere challenge, but it did not make it impossible!
As far as I'm concerned, it's right there!!
It was an 85-cent haul today including the penny I passed over because someone was standing right over it until they left the scene without picking it up. And, when I circled back to get it, I noticed a guy right across from it sitting at a table having a donut or something (um, little cold for that, don't you think? I mean, we are all outside ...). Clearly, he was not as interested in the penny as he was his donut. So, I snagged and scooted.

And, before I make myself to be a professional penny vulture, I will note that I heard the tell-tale sounds of change hitting the floor at the store yesterday, and I waited to make sure it was all found by its owner. When she walked away from a penny that she didn't see, I got it and took it to her. I do have my standards.

Besides the ridiculous amount of coins I found today, the run was pleasantly uneventful. To be honest, I just kept thinking about tomorrow's run and sleeping in Sunday not caring about running at all hitting that goal. And, I was hugely thankful for the entire route that even though it was 32 degrees, there wasn't one spot of ice from the melting snow. There are no words big enough to explain the gravity of that particular bonus!

And, when I finished, I was excited to realize that I really hit my goal in just one more run ...
"One singular sensation! Every little step
she takes ... da da da da da da da ..!"
A Chorus Line it won't be, but it's still
pretty good stuff!
Running won't be over for the year after tomorrow, but I will take a little on-purpose time to chillax after!! Enjoy the rest of your Friday, and I'll see you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment