Wednesday, December 31, 2014

And, That's How It Rolled ...

Hello, hello, and welcome to New Year's Eve!! Holy moly, I can just feel it being the last day of the year because I think I lived every minute of every day of 2014! Some of it was lived happily and in full-on fabulous, and other moments were emotionally steam rolled! And, of course, there was everything in between -- let's just say how very, very thankful I am that running was a staple of my year as it preserved some sanity!

It was a really good year in the running game, too, and totally worthy of review! Let's check out what went down!

Days run: 202

2014 Mileage Goal: 1,000

2014 actual Mileage: 1010.5
2015 Mileage Goal: Tune in tomorrow ...

Official races completed: 5. 3 Half Marathons. 2 5Ks. I virtual 10K. Clearly, I saved me some scratch this year!

Best 2014 running feat: Making through the January-inflicted injury to still take on the April Half. That's impressive seeing as I'm not 15 and in youthful, bounce-back condition anymore! Wait, I wasn't then, either ...

Best race course: MO' Cowbell. When they said it was flat, it actually was. Unlike those with their pants on fire at the Rock the Parkway course. At least the Go Girl peeps are all, "Look, if you're signing up for this, you know what you're signing up for ..."

Best race decision: To pull myself back a corral at Rock the Parkway. Ego out; Fun in running preserved!

Best Non-participation moment: Not accepting my brother's invitation to run a 7-miler this summer. If for no other reason, he would have signed me up too late for any ... I repeat, any ... race swag!! And, what's a race without the swag?! Besides, we all got to root on our nephew instead!
Look at 'im goooooo!!!
Speaking of swag ...

Best race swag: Go Girl Half Marathon. Between the ninja star medal and the wine glass, was there really competition?

Best race shirt:
Duh. Because it's purple and shiny.
Best running accoutrement for the pooch ... in a Go Girl hat trick of awards ...:
Biggest pain in the ass running accoutrement for the pooch: See above bandana as the material couldn't be machine sewn.

Best finds of the everyday running: Money, of course. And, totally crushing the previous year in money found by $15.95 was sweeeeeeeet.

Most disgusting running find: This:
I know you've not seen this yet. I saved it for this very moment.
You are very welcome. By the way ... more than anything, it
was the helping of green and orange thingies that really got me.
I think they're supposed to be carrots and something ...
Biggest running-related bummer: Elly getting hurt and needing to be sidelined. I totally missed her!
"I'm resting up for next year, mommy, because I missed you, too!"
Super-fun running buddy: Pit Crew #2 who sometimes made me stop in my tracks to catch my breath after making me laugh. Hard.

Biggest running-related moment of personal growth: Not spending half the year whining about needing-but-can't-find new shoes. That was my gift to you, by the way ...

Best running gear: There is no competition here:
He be jammin' on the run ...
 
Best recipe that came to me by virtue of running: You guessed it -- Spinach Balls!

Best recipe amendment by a Pit Crewer: Pit Crew #3 and his Pimp My Spinach Balls title.

Best running look:
Best race fans: I am so thankful for all who cheer me on and support my crazy endeavors. I really, truly am. I am most thankful for these four ...
And, in the last update of the year, which includes the updated numbers I forgot to do yesterday because I chose to play Taboo and yell words instead of writing any, the Christmas Tree Bird Assault Status: Cat: 12 ; Bluebird of Happiness, 16. BIRD WINS.
"That's cool. I wanted it to win. And, now,
I look for my next prey ..."
It really was a fun ride for these 1,000+ miles. The ones that were fun were a blast, and the ones that were difficult were more than worth it. I can't ask for much more than that, and I'm beyond thankful that I sit here already pondering goals and plans for next year!

I hope 2015 rings in just the way you want!! I'll check in after we flip the calendar! In the meantime, from all of us to all of you ...
... the happiest and healthiest of New Years!!!

1 comment: