Saturday, December 13, 2014

Mini Mantra

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 197 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 985.7 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 361.8 Money Found For Food Bank: $6.98

Christmas Tree Bird Assault Status: Cat: 5 ; Bluebird of Happiness, 3. Bird got a new hiding place. Survived the night.
'Game On' called on 12/6/14 when bird was placed in tree. Points earned by cat removing bird or bird staying in tree overnight.
It was my birthday. Of course there's a
new hedgehog in the house!!
Happy day-after-my-birthday! I know that means nothing to pretty much everyone but myself, but it makes me happy, so that's how I chose to start today!

I also ended up choosing to run today, too. Believe when I say I had no plans to do so as of last night. But, I got up at 6 a.m. and never really fell back asleep. I really, really wanted to sleep in (and, I really, really didn't fuel to run last night ... it's not like these appetizers were spinach balls!!), but that wasn't in the cards this morning, so, off I went!

For having appetizers for dinner and a super-yummy-super-big cupcake for dessert, this run was remarkably good! It was one of those where my legs seemed disconnected from my expectations, so I just went with it! I will be resting tomorrow no matter what time I get up, though, as I've pushed it this week. I gotta rest.


It was my birthday. Of course there are
new additions to the Peanuts nativity!
I had a great thought process going on out there, though. It went like this: Yesterday, I had a fabulous day from beginning to end. I was not only spoiled by my family, but I also received a bunch of love from people who have been very dear to me for a very long time. Not to mention, I had lunch with two wonderful friends, a time together that hammered home time should be spent with people who love you and build you up and not wasted with or around people who use you to vent their own anger, frustration or disappointment.

That said, a mini mantra came to mind ('mini' because I don't think I fully developed it). It was along the lines of deciding the use the rest of the calendar year to do what remains of some emotional house keeping, then start fresh in 2015 (ha! Fresh in Fifteen) allowing in only those who are in my corner as I am in theirs. Not here to be uplifting? Then, hit the road. I've spent a lifetime with that; I'm totally over it.

He celebrated my birthday a little
too much! And I wasn't invited!!
This year has been rough; more than I would have anticipated. I've definitely noted that a time or two here! But, I'm not a victim. So, this endeavor also means I have to figure out what kind of baggage I'm carrying around, too, and do something with it ... like, give it the heave ho! There's nothing like a birthday and a full appreciation for what is so very good to be the incentive to clean up garbage that's piled up!

Between that line of thinking (which was very inspiring) and keeping at least 15 paces between me and the dude who pulled up to see if I had any change he could have (which was very creepy), this run was more than just a run. Which, most of mine are ... because, let's face it, I think I'm in it for the loose change and for the sites I'd otherwise miss like this:
My people.
I'm not usually a big fan of the New Year's resolution thing. It's not that I object to it; I think it's that I think too much and too often to nail down one thing to do. It's all ongoing for me which seems to work out pretty well! And, whether you are starting to think about the calendar turning and what you want to do with it now or will do so later, take some introspective time for yourself to make sure you're making the very most of this fabulous life!! No need to waste it on the haters. Just sayin'.

Tomorrow is a definite rest!! Ohhhhh, how I'm looking forward to that!! Enjoy the progression of your weekend, and I'll check in tomorrow ...!

No comments:

Post a Comment