Thursday, July 31, 2014

Plans Are Meant To Be Changed, Right?!

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 122 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 587.6 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 283 Money Found For Food Bank: $39.17

Welllllll ... I did plan  to take a rest today. But, as my plans for this morning kept getting rearranged late yesterday afternoon. Ah, we all know how that goes! Anyway, seeing as I was going to need to be up and out this morning, it just made sense to go ahead and run, too. My clogged-up, sinus-filled head didn't think it made any sense at all when I got up, but it's not very agreeable these days, so I didn't listen!

I also didn't take Elly today. She shouldn't go out for 3 days straight of 5 miles anyway, but she seemed to have a slight limp yesterday afternoon. I have a feeling she wasn't completely healed from her muscle tweak. She's been more than fine around the house and bounding up and down the stairs, but, apparently, the injury was deeper than that, and two days of that distance were enough to make her say, "Um ... not yet." Poor girl.

I wasn't sure how this morning's outing would go since I walked yesterday and am still stuffy today, but, I'm happy to report it went unexpectedly well! I ran all but one small stretch where there are meters based in grass (it takes a bit more inspection when the money can fall in the grass), and it felt good to do so unless you were my head which didn't really appreciate being out of bed much less running.

Besides finding some pennies, this was my favorite spotting:
Your guess is as good as mine. Unless you know why these are here and painted like that, then your guess is better. Either way, I dig 'em!

My least favorite moment was right after an inconsequential encounter with a guy who not only wasn't looking where he was walking, but he also kept veering from one space to another. I was running toward him, and any time I adjusted thinking I'd pass him on one side, he moved forcing me the other way. He didn't see me at all, and, when he did, he was most apologetic. And, this was taking place near a parking lot, so there was plenty of room for everyone, so none of that is my issue. No, that came along because while I was moving from side to side behind this unsuspecting man, it reminded me of when Ellen Degeneres has people video themselves dancing behind unsuspecting people which then made me think of the song, "Let's Dance" as sung by David Bowie which is a song I happen to hate but sang to myself for the next two miles because it got stuck in my brain.

You've been there.

Okay, that's 20 miles for the week, and I think that's all I need before starting up training on Saturday! OR, or I'm 2 miles short, and who cares because I still have miles on reserve to keep me ahead of my year-end goal. Either way, I'm resting tomorrow, so who cares.

With that, it's off to play with the youngest Crewer! I'll check in on tomorrow's Rest Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment