Monday, July 7, 2014

Unbroken. That'll Make Sense Later.

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 106 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 506.9 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 248 Money Found For Food Bank: $35.41

I don't know how it's happening that the most humid (read: most disgusting) running days are falling on Mondays. But, they are, and today was no exception! I knew by temperature alone that Elly shouldn't go, and, as soon as I stepped outside, I knew just how wise that decision was!

Besides, she got her exercise before bed last night as she twerked for a few minutes while having her bedtime treat:
Lizzy can't even believe her eyes ...
No more unsupervised TV for you, Miss Elly ...
So, indeed, I left the diva dog at home while I headed out. It was gross, it was nasty, and I had every intention of walking as much as I darn-well wanted today! Surprisingly, that ended up being only a few feet toward the top of a hill while I took a water break. Otherwise, all systems were firing, and I felt no need to tone down the pace! I'll take that kind of run when it's there. Because, as you know, it's not always there!

And, in our nature scene today, we have ...
So, I knocked out those 5 miles, I found 8 cents, and I've cruised along on what is turning out to be a very loaded-up kind of day! I'm thankful to have gotten my run in -- excellent way to start my day!

Oh, and in out-of-the-blue news, I've named my upcoming Half pursuit. I am ready to call it its new name, but I'm not ready to fully divulge the 'why' of it. That will come, but, for now, know that I am heading in to the October Half calling it The Unbroken Tour 2014.

Sounds official and very rock star, doesn't it? Quite appropriate for a Half with a cowbell theme, amiright ?! Hahahaha!

With that, it's time to wind down a super-busy Monday to start all over -- hopefully a wee bit more chill in the action scene! -- on Tuesday! I'll check in after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment