Friday, July 25, 2014

Ahead Of the Game

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 118 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 567.6 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 273 Money Found For Food Bank: $38.72

I had to stop and take a pic of these!!
Bring on the color bonanza!
In case you didn't feel the vibe ... IT'S FRIDAY!!! And, that calls for a sigh of satisfaction ... ahhhhh ...!

I hope yours started off great!! Mine started with a surprise in the weather because the return of heat and humidity didn't start until after I ran!! WAHOO!! Stepping out into a cool breeze and breathable air was the perfect way to start today's run! And, so was finding a bright, shiny penny within the first 100 yards. Boo.Yah.
This little critter was a speed demon!
I figured if you adjusted for size and
stride, he's probably outrunning me!

Okay, so with today's run, I completed the week's mileage goal a day in advance! I ran the numbers more than once yesterday to realize it, so I admit I spent almost the entire run today thinking to myself, "I don't have to run tomorrow!" It's not that I don't like it; it's that having two days off in a row sounds really, really appealing! Of course, that's nothing new, but I digress.

So, I put in today's 5, scooped up 22 cents and enjoyed some beautiful weather. I can't ask for much more than that! And, tomorrow? I'm not making a decision about tomorrow until tomorrow. If I get up and feel like getting out there, I will. If I sleep later or just aren't feeling it, I won't! Such flexibility doesn't come along often, so I'm enjoying it while it's in front of me!

Speaking of 'in front of,' check this out:
Lizzy decided to supervise Elly's dinner tonight.
Elly looks like she's snarling, but she's just chewing. She's
probably also saying bad words to Lizzy. I'll never know.
I know that has nothing to do with running. But, Elly has everything to do with it, so there you go.

I'll check in tomorrow with the morning's decision! Start your weekend off just the way you want, and I'll see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment