Sunday, July 27, 2014

It's a Good Thing That Perseverance Pool Is Deep

It's almost time for the week to really kick in!! I hope your weekend was full of good stuff so you're ready to hit the ground running tomorrow (literally or figuratively!)!

I spent a chunk of time today working because I knew it would make not just tomorrow but the entire week go easier. Believe when I saw I did not want to work today. But, the payoff was good, so I did it.

The feeling mimicked the one I have most every morning when I plan to run: That feeling of I don't really want to. I'm pretty certain tomorrow will be no exception, but I'm also pretty certain I will pull from the same pool of perseverance I used today to get my work finished to make it happen. In fact, I know that's exactly from where I will draw my initial motivation! That particular pool gets tapped a lot because I'd really rather just spend my days playing ... just being real.

And, I know I'm not alone. We all have that pool, and we all get to decide when and how to use it!

So, whether I bound out of bed (ha! Like that will happen) or drag myself out, the morning will start with a run! It's the last week of the 22-mile total until after the Half which means it's almost time to let the training begin! Here's to pouring myself into a week of no particular rules except to make it happen! Start your Monday off just right, and I'll check in after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment