Friday, July 11, 2014

The Friday Groove

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 109 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 521.9 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 263 Money Found For Food Bank: $36.09

IT'S FRIDAY!!! YAHOO!!! I do so love Friday's, don't you?!

I also love going for a run with my girls! All three of us got up to hit the streets today! Pit Crew #2 told me last night she didn't want to go today, but she was up when I was and agreed that it would be nice to go seeing as it was only 71 degrees out.

I am here to tell you that 71 degree reading felt like a total lie! Because of the humidity coming in, it felt way warmer. And, gross. I could tell from the onset that this run was going to be more of a challenge than even I banked on!

PC#2 wasn't just hit with the abruptness of running as well as the weather; no, she got smacked right in the face with some unexpected, fresh road kill in our first mile!
Yeah, that's what those two blobs in the
bike lane are ... fresh and gross.
Because Elly is such a sidewalk hog, it's easier on this stretch for the person without the leash to be in the bike lane. It sure wasn't easy on the eyes today! But, at least she saw it ... you know ... in advance ...

I tried to help matters by pointing out something pretty while we waited for a light ...
... but, it was too soon to unsee what she saw!

PC#2 wasn't having her best outing this morning as she not only navigated the road kill mine field, but she also missed when tossing the poop bag into her dumpster target. That one actually made me laugh ... probably because I was looking for some humor amidst a pretty uncomfortable run!

There was a lot of good to it, though. No, not just the whole 'we got out there and exercised and blah blah'. You know by now, right or wrong, that often very secondary to me. No, I'm talking about the bounty of today ...
Launching the Food Bank total over the $36 mark!!
... and! PC#2 was the first to spy with her little eye a live critter!
Hooray!! Turtle friend!
Stop it, Elly. That's rude!
This turtle was about to meet the same fate as the above pictured squishes in the bike lane because, as PC#2 noted, he was not only about to walk right into four lanes of traffic, but he was also rather slow. PC#2 turned him the right direction before we went on our way.
"Thanks. I think."
The name of the running game is that I'm not always necessarily excited to get out there and do it, but I am always happy to have done so! And, I do so enjoy going out with my girl ... even if she never told me my headband wasn't facing the right way:
Evidently, today my 'happy pace' felt off
because it was upside down ...
There's one more run for the week! That'll happen tomorrow, and I will be going solo. Enjoy every part of your Friday, and I'll see you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment