Thursday, July 3, 2014

Keep It Simple

It's almost Friday!! A happy day to you as we slide in to a holiday weekend!! WAHOO!!

Today was Rest Day, but it didn't feel especially restful when Pit Crew #3 and I were playing a custom-rules basketball game at the pool today and his bony elbow clocked me right under my eye. Yeeeowch!! Okay, but here's the thing: (a) I won the game in our best-of-three series; (b) no fair getting clocked like that and getting NOTHING of a battle wound to show for it, and (c) at least I won.

Those are the morals of that story.

And, just yesterday, Aaron and I were chatting about people and life, and the moral of that story was that life is just not all that complicated. It gets that way because people make it that way. Yes, it's a bit of an over-simplification, but it also often applies to so many aspects of life from relationships to (oh, yes, you saw this coming) running.

I won't try to delineate all of the ways I look at this issue because such perspectives are personal to each individual, and we all define and find simplicity in different ways. And, for me, that simplicity leads to peace.

I was continuing to ponder difficulty vs. simplicity this afternoon when I looked out the window and saw this ...
Brother and sister, swinging and chatting ...
... and, having so much fun ...!
... until the swing seat under PC#2 split away from the chain, and she went flying up, out and to the ground SPLAT! Spoiler alert: She's totally fine; let the giggling commence. That's when swinging took an unexpected, complicated turn!

But, then we all giggled and went on with our day ...

Simplicity isn't always easy ... but, I've most definitely found it's a path to strive for! Perhaps that's, indeed, why I like running so much. It's just easy. One foot in front of the other. My way. Period.
A little crazy never hurt anyone, right?

And, tomorrow? We run! It'll be a great way to kick off the Fourth, so I'll see you after!

No comments:

Post a Comment