Sunday, July 13, 2014

Beauty, the Beholder and All Of That Jazz

Happy Sunday!! I hope yours has been a great one!! We just got ready to go to the pool only to hear thunder. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh !!! Totally blows!! But, I won't dwell on that ...

Okay, I have two things to show you. By my assessment only (duh), one of them is cool, and one of them is not. Let's first go with not ... So, I still get emails from the Rock-n-Roll series after running one of the races two years ago. I like hearing about the runs in the series and drooling over medals I won't be earning, so I choose to not unsubscribe. ANYWAY, I just got the message unveiling the medal for the race I would have done this Fall had my schedule allowed. 'Want to see it anyway? I know you do:
Now, don't get me wrong -- I love my country and am proud to be an American and all of that, but that is one yucky medal. I mean, the eagle has sunglasses on. That's not a proud eagle, it's a dorky* one. (I mean, really, our country has a mighty strong symbol, and it totally got cheesed up!) But, no one asked me. And, really, my opinion doesn't matter no matter what, but it really doesn't matter when I'm not getting one anyway.

* I seriously can't wait to see if the Cowbell theme medal is awesome or dorky, by the way ... I think it would be pretty funny if the Rock-n-Roll theme, which could be pretty bad ass, gets the cheesy medal and the doo-dee-doo cowbell theme comes up with something hard core!

Okay, now here's what's cool: Even though we just got thundered out of pool time, and even though the day was much more packed with to-do's than I really knew was coming our way, the day started out just right. No, not with a run, but with some sitting-and-chatting time with Aaron on our front step while we sipped a Diet Coke. I mean, how much better does it get?

Oh, AND! Look what we watched in my flowers:
I'd say 'neato mosquito', but that isn't right ... Ha!

Check out how caked with pollen it is!! It's like any distance runner at lunch after a big race, just sayin' ...!!

Okay, it's onward to enjoy the rest of the weekend over here!! Do the same on your end, and I'll see you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment