Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Split the Difference

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 121 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 582.6 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 283 Money Found For Food Bank: $39.12

So, by the time I went to bed last night, this sneezy-sinus-y-whatever-it-is thing got the best of me. Handing me a round of eyeball pressure and that more-annoying-than-painful (but still hurts) feeling all through my sinuses, I was ready for some sleep with a big question about what I would do this morning.

Thankfully, I woke up feeling much better but still worn. It's like I was somewhere in between completely fine and toppling into a full blown sinus battle. So, I went with that in-between theme for my outing. I had the choice to run or to walk, so, I split the difference down the middle and walked really fast! I figured I'd get in the miles and get a decent sweat on without pounding my head in the process, plus I should have plenty of energy to make it to evening. Ta and Da!

So, out Elly and I went on another cool morning (which is exactly what has messed with my head ... but, I'll take it!!)! And, just like yesterday, our middle mile was a rough one as she kept trying to insist we go an entirely different direction than the path we were on. This is how it looks:
Here she is with her sheepish look and
passive attempt to steer us around.
Down the road, she makes no bones about
making her move. She keeps forgetting
that she's strong, but I'm stronger. At least
it only goes on for a mile ...
The fast walk thing was a great move this morning. Sometimes, a break is needed, and it's okay! Besides, with Saturday as the official start to training, I should use the next few days to chill a little bit before kicking it up a notch.

I will continue the chill theme with a rest tomorrow! The rest could have started earlier today, but I had more than enough in me -- thanks to not overdoing it this morning! -- to take Pit Crew #3 on in a couple of games of our custom rules pool basketball!
I'm smiling because I had not yet lost at our game. Twice.
Design your efforts the way you need, and I'll check in from Rest Day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment