Saturday, July 5, 2014

High Five!

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 105 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 501.9 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 248 Money Found For Food Bank: $35.33

I was so close to starting off with a resounding Happy Sunday greeting when I realized it's only Saturday! My days are messed up during the Summer especially when a holiday is thrown into the mix, so don't mind me!

While I couldn't wrap my head around what day it was this morning, I knew it was a day to run. I was none to excited about it, by the way, as what I really wanted to do was sleep in a little. But, I also want to do that tomorrow, and I can't have both. Therefore, the morning streets called, and Elly and I answered!

Author's Note: Taking Elly with me this morning was the very least I could do. She put up with our neighborhood firework soiree, after all ...
After one of the neighbors shot off something that even unnerved me, I noted I will be forwarding them the bill for our dog's therapy ... Growing up, our dog used to hide under the couch on the Fourth. Poor puppies ...

This morning, it took no time at all to come across the aftermath of someone's celebrations from last night (much of which we saw from our house, so it was appreciated!). It also took exactly that amount of time and distance for me to realize the memory card was not in my camera! Drat! So, instead of showing you Elly checking out the street corner arsenal, I, instead, show you a Fourth of July dish that has become a big-time favorite for me and Pit Crew #3:
Mmmmmmmmm ...!!
That's right! It's rainbow jello ... sooo super yummy!!
That's way prettier than a picture of trash!

With a continued drop in the morning temps (don't worry; it's not lasting!), Elly and I cruised along our 4.5-mile route allowing me to turn my running odometer into the 500s today!! YAHOO!! It always feels like a big moment to get into the next 100s-place installment, and today's is even bigger as it marks the half-way place for the goal for the year! Apparently, things are cookin' along just fine in the running department!!

I'd say I'll bask in the glory of the accomplishment, but I really won't. I'm very, very pleased about it, but there's much more to do! (Apparently, there's double of what I've done to do!) So, I'll stay on course and REST tomorrow (yay!!!) before getting back to it on Monday!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and I'll check in on Rest Day!! (YAY REST DAY!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment