Saturday, July 26, 2014

Brilliantly Simple

And, the verdict for this morning was ... SLEEP!!

I was awake around 6:30 a.m. (not that I had any plans to do anything at that point including getting out of bed). It's at that time that I had my internal debate, as it was, and made my decision. I based it on the fact that my legs were talking to me -- which is very different from when they're screaming, but, either way, if they're saying anything, it's usually not very nice. Taking that cue, I reflected on the many, many, MANY times I read how important it is to rest and not overdo, and I went back to sleep. Yeahhhhhh !!

That's right! Two Rest Days in a row ... whee!! I still had something I wanted to share! So, two years ago, I shared the recipe for S'mores Oatmeal Bites that I found on the Runner's World Facebook page. They have been a consistent favorite around here when I make them, but the problem, sometimes, is actually making them because it's difficult to mush the marshmallow and other ingredients together in such a way that there's enough marshmallow to make it all the way to the end. And, then you're just left with a little heap of dry ingredients. Who wants that?

Well, check out Pit Crew #2 with the rescue!! She was in the kitchen last night making them to take to a gathering ...
... when she came up with the brilliant idea of putting adding the marshmallow a little at a time instead of all at once. The all-at-once method seemed to make getting to the middle of it impossible no matter how much we mushed, stirred and/or begged. Her gradual adding did the trick to make the bites not easier but resulting in the perfect consistency with every one that she rolled.
So simple, so brilliant!

These are such a great bite of sweet without undoing your whole day! And, now that you have an even easier way to make them, give 'em a go!! PC#2's about to give-'em-a-go on out the door ... she might have another batch to make when she comes home!

May your Saturday be an easy-breezy one, and I'll check in on tomorrow's Rest Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment