Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Insight

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 108 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 516.9 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 258 Money Found For Food Bank: $35.66

I am totally digging this running 5 miles at a time thing. It really racks the miles up fast and makes me feel accomplished for at least a moment!! And, I am also totally on board with the kind of morning weather we had yesterday and today! Lower humidity and cooler temps makes for a happy running trio!!

Yes, indeed, Pit Crew #2, Elly and I were at it again today! The whole vibe of the run was very different from yesterday's because so much debris has been cleaned up from Monday night's storm. Bigger trees were still in progress of being removed, and some of our friends still don't have power (which is what happens when three power line poles are split and fall -- yikes!!), but things are going the right direction. And, for the destruction that did happen, I think we all can agree how lucky we were!!

Remember this tree from yesterday?
This is what it looks like today:
Yowza ...

Moving forward, our run was a good one overall even though I admit to being over it by the end. And, even though the other two runners seemed to be going along just fine, the walk break I announced just after we passed 4.5 miles was met with zero resistance whatsoever! Besides, chilling out throughout the run leaves room for spying things that are pretty ...
... or, for practicing our selfie skills!
Elly struggles with selfies given her lack
of thumbs ... !
As we were walking, PC#2 said she liked going out and running with me and noted the only reason she hasn't gone much this summer is simply because she hasn't gotten up to do so. "It's easy if I just get out of bed," she said. Funny ... her reason for not getting up to exercise is the very one I used for years to not try it. The more things change (read: we grow) the more they stay the same (read: when we make no effort to change them!)! (I'm certain that at her age I most definitely could not have gotten out of bed on a summer morning to run 5 miles, though ... that's just crazy ...)
 
I'm thankful for her early insight. PC#3 has the same introspective skills. Look out world because they're going to take you by storm!
 
In the meantime, we went out there and hit it today ...
... with plans to not only rest tomorrow but to also play together!! I'll check in after a day of play! See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment