Sunday, March 1, 2015

Where'd All That Come From?

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 204.8 (running: 101.6; walking: 9.4; biking: 93.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $24.40

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 204.8 Aaron: 170.45 (b: 145.45; w: 16)  Elly: 29.3 Total: 404.55

The last I knew, we were supposed to get about 2" of snow, if that, today. And, we were in that maybe-maybe not zone for freezing rain (no one wants that). We wound up with (I'm guessing) about 4" of snow, which is a great money-maker for snow shovelin' kids, and no rain (whew!).

It came down beautiful and powdery, but it's melting at the right rate to change over into snowman snow. Pit Crew #2 is taking full advantage of that as we speak:
She's building it on the deck "so I can
see it," she said. Smart girl.
All of that to say I did my miles on the bike today. In fact, I did an extra mile because PC#3 was holding a conversation with me, and I lost track. I guess there's a bonus to early morning brain strain! So, I did get my miles in, but I also participated in shoveling the driveway for the benefit of working my upper body since the bike doesn't do that and that's the biggest way I paid for that week on the bike instead of running. Today's combo ought to keep me in line! Here's to hoping I can find somewhere to run tomorrow, though ...

In the meantime, I have to show you last night's dinner creations from the Trim Healthy Mama book. Ready? I'm not sure I am because I'm going to see the pics and want to dive head-first into the picture hoping it's there in real life.

Anyway, here they are ... First, this one is called Peanut Crusted Chicken:
It's chicken tenderloins that have been poached then broiled after being dredged in the coating. We're still working on getting the hang of broiling, so that part wasn't quite right because it was supposed to be crispy, BUT it was super delicious! The coating is a mixture of (keep an open mind!) sugar-free peanut butter whisked in water with added seasonings like salt, onion powder and garlic pepper. Sounds gross: Tastes amazing!!! Ah-MAY-zing!! Put together with those parmesan green bean bad boys in the back, and you have a meal all four of us loved! We all practically licked our plates; PC#2 made sure the baking pan was cleaned before it was officially cleaned ...

And, then there was dessert. It's called Special Agent Brownie Cake. BAM:
They gave it its name from the base ingredient: black beans! This is not the first time I've seen a recipe using black beans in a dessert, but this is the only one I've found I'll make again. If you try this (or something like it), you have to be ready for the potential taste bud shock. It doesn't taste how you expect a chocolate brownie to taste because it's made with cocoa powder and sweetener instead of what we're all more used to from a box (unless that's just me) including white sugar. I was quite on board with the base of this, but what brought it to be the star of the show was the squirt of Fat Free Reddi Whip. What you see is exactly what we all used -- no one drowned theirs (that kind of extra topping was reserved for those who shot it into their mouths ...). What you see is what we had, and holy. moly. I can't wait to have it again! The recipe said it makes 9 servings; mine ended up cut into 12 (translation: bigger pieces next time!!!), and I'm considering hiding the current remaining pieces and pleading ignorance on the whereabouts.
With that, it's time to wind down Sunday so as to crank up the week! And, in the third or fourth time to rearrange my schedule for the upcoming week, the snow has made my final decision to reclaim tomorrow as a Rest Day and get back on the street on Tuesday! Things should be clear enough by then ... fingers crossed! Here's to a great start to the week in the meantime! I'll check in from here tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment