Thursday, March 12, 2015

Unplanned Accomplishments

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 237.1 Aaron: 194.25 (b: 174.45; w: 16.8)  Elly: 43.2 Total: 474.55

So, this was one of those days where I had a whole, mental list of things I thought I should accomplish, and I'm reasonably certain I did not do a single one of them. The very first thing I had to attend to this morning wasn't on the list, and that threw the entire rest of the day off. Ta-Da!!!

As it turns out, though, I accomplished a few things I didn't even consider paying attention to.

And! I now have new to-dos coming down the road because this came in today's mail:
It currently sits in between the Truvia and
the container of chia seeds. Whose kitchen
is this?!?!
If you don't know (because I sure didn't until the Trim Healthy Mama invasion), it's used as a thickener for sauce, soup, pudding, etc. Apparently, it's high in the soluble fiber category. I'd go into the other reported health benefits of it, but I've not really sat and thought about them long enough to even speak to it beyond "here's what this site and this book and this article said even though I haven't put all the words together myself."

All I really know is that there are a handful of recipes in my new book that call for it, so I had to have it. Is there a better reason? In case you are ever looking, we couldn't find a place that sells it in store, so we bought it online.

Speaking of my book ... okay, so you have to order the book online or through a bookstore (like we did; saved us the shipping). Before doing so, we got it from the library. In fact, we checked out both of the library's copies so we could read at the same time. We've already returned one copy that was due, and the other is now due. That means the time has come for me to break the binding on mine ...
It's hard to tell what a mess the one from the library is. It has
definitely been used. My beautiful, brand new one awaits on
the right. It's going to be tough, though -- kind of like getting
a new pair of shoes and hating that very first scuff. Until you
no longer care, and the shoes get beaten to crap.
And, in other news of things that unexpectedly were accomplished today, I didn't exercise, but these two did:
Elly's all, "That was awesome, daddy, but
wow are you wet with sweat. Space, please."
Well done, you two. I didn't do anything exercise-wise today! I'm crossing my fingers that the rain forecast for overnight really does clear out by the time I'm ready to run tomorrow! I have my 10 miles mapped, and I'm ready! I also have a Plan B route if I need to wait it out a little bit. Either way, I'm wanting this run outside, so I'm trying to be patient waiting to see what plans pan out!

I hope your Friday starts off just the way you want!! Have a great one, and I'll see you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment