Monday, March 16, 2015

It's Getting Real

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 259.6 (running: 153.3; walking: 12.5; biking: 93.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $28.80

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 259.6 Aaron: 204.95 (b: 183.65; w: 16.8)  Elly: 48.8 Total: 513.35

Holy moly, how'd it get to be Monday?! I feel mighty confused as to what day it is. It started last night when we got to looking ahead, thinking and planning some Summer activities. We'd talked about so many days of the week in different combinations that I completely lost track of the fact that it was Sunday night! So, this morning was really confusing ...!

All the more confusing was having my 5-miler on a Monday (never. ever. happens.), but that's how it works this week! It was a great morning for it: Totally clear, blue sky and 50 degrees. Perfect.

I worked in great intervals in my first four miles but admit I slacked in the last mile. I was okay with it, though, because I probably went a little harder than I should from the get go. The key was getting really in tune to listening to what my body was telling me. Once I got that down, I had some solid work going on. Not that I wasn't glad to finish it, mind you!

I don't know the last time I worked that hard at this distance. I rewarded myself with a small cool-down walk at the end while I reveled at the sky ...
Ooo ... speaking of sky, check this out from last night's walk with Elly:
Check out above the trees. It looks like cotton candy.
"Um, can we get going yet?"
And, tomorrow? It's the week's short run followed by two rest(ish) days before Friday's long run. It's all scheduled and ready to take on! This (when the 5-milers get into the short run rotation) is when it all gets really real ... and, very exciting!

I hope your Monday starts your week off exactly the way you want, and I'll see you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment