Wednesday, March 4, 2015

At Your Service

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 211.9 (running: 112.7; walking: 9.4; biking: 93.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $25.25

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 211.9 Aaron: 170.45 (b: 145.45; w: 16)  Elly: 32.4 Total: 414.55

Hello everybody!! Elly here. As you know, once or twice a year, I take over for mommy. Because I can. And, in today's case, it's because she's super tired. So, allow me to recap our awesome outing today!!!

What made it awesome? Um, because I GOT TO GO, that's what. Duh.

You already know mommy's schedule is all topsy-turvy right now. I don't really know what that means in her world, but, in mine, it means she doesn't always give me my morning rawhide chewy. I mean, I'll take it any time, but it seems to slip her mind if I don't get it by noon. *sigh!* She did that again today, but I totally forgave her when the leash came out!!!
"YA-FREAKIN'-HOOOOOO!!!"
I was so excited I forgot about my chewy and could not contain myself!! Mommy just stood there staring at me. I was pretty quick to sense I needed to settle it down and fast. I didn't want her to change her mind about taking me. So, I did my very best sit without being told:
"TA-DAAAAAA!"
I know. It looks like I'm about to launch and eat her face. I was excited enough to do that. But, I wouldn't.

Once we got outside, it was GO TIME:
We cruised our first mile. Even when there was a big scary truck on my left, I didn't flip out. Now, I thought about it, but, if I'm being honest, there was a car coming on my right. So, my original plan to jump to the other side of mommy (even though I'm not supposed to be over there) was thwarted by the oncoming car. I'm a scaredy pants, but I am not suicidal. I put on my brave face, and we both made it through. Whew! It was a relief for me, at least.

So, onward we went, and I pleased mommy by only stopping twice in the first two miles to potty. I felt way under my stop quota, though, so I had to do some investigating:
"What's the point of being out here if I
can't put my sniffer into action?"
Up ahead near the 2 and a half mile juncture, we ran into treacherous terrain:
"Uhhhhhh ..."
It was mommy to the rescue on that one. She solved the problem by having us cross the street. I had to trust her on that one because there was no sidewalk, but she kept us safe.

I know mommy was tired before the run even started, but she cruised it like a champ. I most definitely taught her well. She was to be rewarded for that, and what better reward than this?
"Super-yummy cold weather nose licking.
Suhhhhhh-lurrrrp!!!"
My tomorrow, like most days for me, is to be used for resting. Mommy isn't resting, but she's not running, either. She said she'll be checking in, though. She likes to think, and she likes to write, and she likes to write about what she thinks. So, she'll be here. Thanks for tuning in and listening to my tale! It was the best way ever to spend an afternoon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment