Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Pushing Through

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 208.8 (running: 109.6; walking: 9.4; biking: 93.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $25.12

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 208.8 Aaron: 170.45 (b: 145.45; w: 16)  Elly: 29.3 Total: 408.55

Ahhhhhhh ...

That's the sound of the girl who got to run outside today ... !!! It was thirty four degrees and cloudy. Very gray, in fact. I could have used some sunshine, but the temp was just right. Did I already say Ahhhhh ...?!!

Okay, so you know how I'm working on keeping my eyes on the road for running purposes and not for money scoping, right? I'm telling you, it just calls to me whether I'm looking or not:
The one on the left is calling out, "Hellllp meeeee!!" So, I did.
For this course and these conditions, including the fact that I wasn't really looking, I scored a lot of bank today. That was a good distractor from the fact that my runs overall right now feel a bit labored in my legs, specifically in my thighs. I swear it has to do with the bike combo, but I'm also convinced it's because that element is new. My legs have been considerably challenged in a whole new way and haven't yet figured out how to make it all work together. I know it's more than doable seeing as there is a whole fleet of duatheletes out there. I've just never been a cross trainer in any real sense of the
I crouched down at the end
to stretch my legs. And it
felt oh.so.good.! Say hi to
the big snow pile back there!
word, and this unsolicited bout of it is kicking my ass. I have faith it'll work itself out especially as the weather is more cooperative. It just feels like a bit of a slump even though my runs are ending up on target.

For real, why does there have to be a mind game to mess with you while you're just trying to go out and run? *sigh*

The important thing, and probably the most indicative of overall success, is that no matter how my thighs feel, I never really want to quit. I mean, my head does, but I've long since learned to ignore that. My legs keep going even though they feel heavy and weird and like they'd collapse if they had an independent vote, so I keep going forward!

And, then, I came home to some kitties who had done absolutely nothing since I left unless you count getting closer together as 'doing something':
They certainly have the right idea. Oh, and that toy you see on
the floor? Daphne loves that thing, but can I just tell you how
easy it is to get your own feet caught in it? From out of nowhere,
you're just walking along, then it's like, "WHAT is on my foot?!"
and you can't even shake it off. I'd get rid of it, but she loves it.
So, tomorrow. The whole day is jacked up on the ol' schedule, but what that really boils down to is that I plan to run in the afternoon *gasp*. I'm not excited about it, but it's very necessary, and -- more so -- I'm thankful for the option. I'll check in after and let you know how I held up in another installment of Get Over the Fact That You're Taking Two Showers In One Day. See you then ...

No comments:

Post a Comment