Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Bad Things, Good Things

WHEW!! Running yesterday morning totally worked out as it was, indeed, raining when I would have been running this morning! And, actually, it wasn't raining when I would have started, but I most definitely would have been caught out in it. That would have been a drag!

Okay, so we were just watching one of our DVRed episodes of The Amazing Race where I heard one of the contestants say the following: "If you're not first, you're last." UGH, how I hate that statement. Of course, I've heard it many times before now, but every time I do, it makes me cringe. I could go on and on about my personal soap box there, but I don't feel the need. I just felt the need to mention because such nonsense was bugging me.

I'm all better now.

So, I started with two things that are a drag (even though running in the rain always turns out better than I think it will, it's still a drag compared to any alternative), so I'll wrap this Rest Day up with two things that rule entirely.

First, I must share our recent creations from the Trim Healthy Mama people:
Salmon "Krabby Patties" in the foreground with some seasoned
shrimp to along with. FAN.TASTIC.
Not fantastic for Elly who knew none of
it was for her during our carpet picnic.
Because carpet picnics are how you catch
up on your back-logged episodes of The
Amazing Race around here.
And, for dessert?! I present sugar-free Italian Cream Cake ... or Sweet Cake ... seriously, I don't remember ... but, it was gooooood:
I'm sure you've noticed with the THM folk that refined sugar is way, way out, but they (and other followers who post recipes) have gone above and beyond making almost everything doable and delicious. And, I will be the first to say that removing sugar (and sugar combos and crashes I didn't even know I was creating but learned about) has been awesome. For real, I feel so much better. I'll go in to that another time, but, for now, let's take a look at the inside of this bad boy, shall we?!
Okay, that was all good stuff.

But, the best to share today? This:
An afternoon of one of my favorite activities with my favorite peeps? Yes, please!! We cleaned up at our table, too, by the way. That was the added bonus.

Tomorrow? We run. By 'we' I definitely mean Elly, and I might mean PC#2. We'll see how that goes, but I'll be out and back either way! I'll check in then ...

No comments:

Post a Comment