Monday, March 30, 2015

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 302.7 (running: 196.4; walking: 12.5; biking: 93.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $30.03

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 302.7 Aaron: 250.2 (b: 230.9; w: 19.3)  Elly: 56.9 Total: 609.8

Today's run totally set the tone for the entire day: Fast and Productive!

Okay, wait ... a wee amendment ... I should say the first three miles of the run were fast. The last two were just fine. Suffice it to say, I've not yet figured out this interval thing enough to pace myself very well. So, I started out like a shot, and it felt good, so, I kept going. My fast stints were far longer than the slow-down ones, and I should have evened them out better than I did. By the third mile, I'd kinda had it, so I slowed down and just soaked in the wonderful weather. (It was in the 30s, but with no wind and a bright sun, it felt fantastic.) I chalk up my need to downshift to not really paying attention because it doesn't matter that much anyway being a total novice at this interval business, and I'll get it figured out in due time.

It really was a strong run, though. I was happy about that. I was also super-happy about the break I decided to take at Mile 4 so I could stop and pet these wonderful creatures!!!
Aren't they fabulous?! I know there's no chance for perspective here, but believe when I say the following:
  • In seated position, their heads came up to my elbows. That's 40" high!
  • Their heads were as big as mine.
  • Their paws were bigger than my whole hand.
And, they were just the sweetest!! The one I'm petting got most of the lovin' because he insisted upon it. I'd stop, and he'd nudge or paw me.
"Don't stop!! Ohhhh yeahhhh ..."
The other was just starting to come into the action when it was time for all of us to depart. Another day, new friend ...

Miraculously, Elly didn't seem to smell them on me when I got home. For as much as they nudged my pants, I thought she'd catch the scent for sure. Maybe she was just too distracted by her desire for her morning rawhide. We do all have our priorities.

So, that's 5 more miles, 35 more cents and only 5 more training runs to go!! One of those is tomorrow; I'll see you after!

No comments:

Post a Comment