Saturday, January 31, 2015

Chihuahuas: You've Been Warned.

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 94.2 (running: 59.3; walking: 5.1; biking: 29.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $16.35

2,015 in 2015 Team Progress (for the love of all that is good in this world ... We need a name!!): Nancy: 94.2  Aaron: 78.5 (b: 65.2; w: 13.3)  Elly: 14.5 Total: 187.2

The only forecast I heard all day yesterday called for rain today starting at 4 p.m. Right before I fell asleep, though, Aaron was looking at a forecast and said, "Rain tomorrow. Fifty percent chance starting at 9 a.m." Pit Crew #2 and I planned our run that would end between 9-9:15 a.m., so I decided to roll the dice ... and, run prepared with a sandwich bag to protect the camera if need be. No need to get up earlier on a Saturday to beat the 50% chance. And, I'm pretty sure there was no way I was going to motivate PC#2 out of bed any earlier than absolutely required.

Seeing as you couldn't have pried me out of bed to go running at her age, I figured a little rain wouldn't hurt us!

We were good to go at our start time even though,as soon as we walked out the door, PC#2 was purposely dramatic about being cold. She wasn't wrong as I was quite chilly myself. But, I knew that would change within the first mile, so I let her complain because it made me giggle. She's cold all the time, so any variation - particularly paired with humor - on her state of being is welcomed!

Little did I know we'd both be in the mood to cruise this morning. I mean, we took off like a shot once we got our stride ...
Unexpected speed and selfies along the way ... what a deal!
Oh, wait ... I missed part of PC#2, but I did catch an awesome
look for my hair! NICE! Anyway, let's try this again ...
THERE she is!
We knocked out our first mile in such a way that I slowed us down a wee bit from there. PC#2 was all, "I'm good (at this speed) if you're good," to which I responded, "Um, we have more than half of the route to go ..." I'm not sure she made the direct connection of not busting out at the start, but we pulled back the perfect amount that we lost no steam from that point 'til we stopped. That was pretty sweet.

When we were just about at the half-way point, we heard a hawk just having a fit at anything and everything it saw. Including us.
It would not shut up. I was glad I wasn't in one of the houses right below it trying to sleep because that sucker was loud and had plenty to say! PC#2 and I hadn't been chatting much up to that point, so I about lost it when she broke our silence by looking at the hawk and stating, "Don't let your chihuahuas out, folks."

Seriously, for one of the sweetest, kindest people you could ever hope to meet, the girl has a dark side.

As it often happens, she and I get to a certain point in our run, and we go from not talking at all to not stopping the chatter. I like it both ways which is a huge evolution for me as I used to not want any chatting whatsoever while running. That started because, frankly, I couldn't have talked if I wanted to when I first started. It continued because I liked the solitude. And, now, I'm happy with both the solo run and the company as long as I can strike a balance. We call that: Growth.

We wrapped up our chit-chat and our run with a nickel in my pocket, the slightest hint of sprinkles beginning and warm hugs from the boys at today's meeting spot! I got a bonus ... a pink prize from my Valentine!
Just moments after wrapping it all up, the sprinkles picked up in manner that would have soaked us in minutes. I guess that power surge at the beginning of the run was a nice, instinctive gift!

There's no question about it, running with my girl is always a great way to start my weekend! And, in a great way to wrap up this first month of 2014, Aaron, Elly and I successfully logged enough miles to keep us right on track with a bit of a buffer for our 2,015 in 2015 challenge! Sweet!

And, tomorrow? It's Super Bowl time!!!! I have some kitchen plans that I'll share while anxiously awaiting my seat to cheer on the Seahawks!! No running tomorrow, just cheering! Thanks for checking in today; I'll see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment