Saturday, January 3, 2015

A Favorite Anticipated Tradition

As promised and planned, today was the annual, over-break date day for me and my girl!! WAHOO!! I love this day!! Pit Crew #2 and I do our fun girl things (lunch and crafting) while the boys have their Dude Day ... all things sandwiches and video games! We started date days more moons ago than I can remember, and we always, always look forward to it!

Today was as fun as hoped, and both PC#2 and I got a lot done on our separate crafting endeavors! I wasn't sure what my specific project was going to be as I have so many in progress, but, no one should be surprised to find out I made excellent headway on a running theme!
Here were the dominant observations I made while working on this:
1. I have to giggle that in the background of every picture Aaron takes of me coming out of the starting gate are other runners smiling directly at the camera. It happens in every race. Clearly, others think the big man with the camera is the official guy we read about in our pre-race information messages. I think it's not just his prominence; it's that he's using a decent-sized, 'regular' camera and not a phone. Ah, yes, the antiquated method confuses the masses ...

2. Every, single commercial break (as we had the tv on, too) consisted of workout equipment, diet supplements or acne medication. That's it. It seems the New Year is almost as bad as the bombardment of political ads during election season. Fortunately, both are pretty easy to tune out when doing something you enjoy with someone you like being with!

Here's to one more day of rest from running before thinking through a schedule and getting back in the swing! I'll check in tomorrow after I see what it brings ...!

No comments:

Post a Comment