Sunday, January 25, 2015

It Arrived!

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 76.9 (running: 42; walking: 5.1; biking: 29.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $14.80

2,015 in 2015 Team Progress (seriously ... name!!): Nancy: 76.9  Aaron: 60.9 (b: 47.6; w: 13.3)  Elly: 14.5 Total: 152.3

Look what came in the mail yesterday afternoon!!!!!
It was so fun to pull an envelope with some weight to it out of the mailbox -- as opposed to the light-as-a-feather-because-it-was-empty one earlier in the week! This medal is heavy. Like, duck really fast if it's thrown at you heavy. The star in the middle spins. It's awesome!!

And, as a reminder of how awesome it is, it was resent immediately at no charge by the caring people of US Road Running when I reported mine was lost in the mail! I still haven't gotten over that ... in a good way!

So, I now have the medals for the future family run; now to seek the ones for the girls ...

And, today? Yeah, I chose to sleep instead of run. I never run both days of the weekend, so I don't know what I was doing even considering it yesterday! Sometimes, I need to remind myself to just chill. It worked out great, too, because by the time I would have headed out, there was a heavy mist going on. It was the kind that looks like nothing but would soak you in mere minutes. Who wants to start the day like that? Aaron and Elly got a good walk in before it came down, so everyone won today!

Training for April's Half officially begins next Saturday, so this is the last week to be willy-nilly with the plans ... as willy-nilly as I ever get with plans! Tomorrow's plan is to hit the streets to bank some miles! Have a great start to your week, and I'll check in after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment