Friday, January 23, 2015

An Examined Life


Yeaaaahhhhh, we did!!!

So bumping my run to tomorrow paid off in huge dividends. First, I get to run with Pit Crew #2, and that's always a good thing! Second, it gave me a pocket of time to spend with an old friend I've not seen in years. We've talked on the phone in between visits, but we figured out it's been at least four years since seeing each other in person. Oh, and we live in the same city. CRAZY.

As we caught up, including exchanging the whys for not seeing each other for so long, I loved internally catching myself in the following realization: Yes, there were absolutely valid reasons on both ends for the lack of face time that has taken place, but those reasons have changed, and things can progress on a different path from here. I loved being that aware and that conscious that things can and do change, and we can change with them.

It's so easy to get stuck in a pattern (which often turns into a rut if not examined) and then use that pattern as the excuse to not do something different. This notion turns up in every aspect of our lives: jobs; friends; family relations; exercise; school; budgets ... etc ... etc ...

An examined life is a good life. It often reveals room for something good to come in!

And, speaking of new, Pit Crew #3 introduced me today to "Uptown Funk" (Mark Ronson featuring Bruno Mars). I think I have the new big addition for my training playlist!! Check it out if you haven't, and get ready to groove!!

With that, it's time to soak in the rest of Friday and gear up for a great Saturday!! Enjoy the start to your weekend, and I'll see you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment