Tuesday, January 20, 2015

UGH

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 67.7 (running: 32.8; walking: 5.1; biking: 29.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $13.97

2,015 in 2015 Team Progress (yes, we still need a name -- but, I'm closing in on some possibilities ...): Nancy: 67.7  Aaron: 37.9 (b: 28.3; w: 9.6)  Elly: 11.5 Total: 117.1

UGH. I actually had a decent run today and found a good pile-o-coins, but now I'm in a terrible mood because Pit Crew #3's Ninja medal arrived ... I mean, the envelope for the medal arrived. Cut open at the top. Medal gone.

You can guess the post office did not care one bit, but the lady to whom I spoke was more than ready to pass me off to have a manager tell me there was nothing that could be done instead of having the guts to just tell me herself. (Um, really? Just tell me, you big baby, that the buck stops there and don't ask if I'd like to tell my story again for absolutely no reason. It really is possible to have some compassion and be direct all at the same time. I get it's missing. I get they can't create one. I wasn't even mad. Until she was about to pass me off, at which point I just hung up instead of revealing my state of being.)

So, all kinds of new plans are in the works. I've written US Road Running to see if their sold out event (yeah, that's the kicker ... totally sold out) happens to repeat at some point so I can repurchase. And, if not, they have a red variety that PC#3 said he really likes, too. Of course, I'm going to be all kind of nervous to order it, but I guess it's all about facing one's fears. Aaron's going to take the envelope to the post office just to see if they would possibly check for a medal floating around ... could it have landed in the letter bin or mail truck? It's a wing and a prayer, but it seems a normal, human way to go about trying to cover the bases.

Perspective ... perspective ... perspective ... that's a hard one right now, but I'm getting there ... perspective ...

In the meantime, I'm pleased to report that the inaugural run of the new shoes was a huge success. My legs and back thanked me. We'll be back at it together tomorrow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment