Friday, January 2, 2015

And, That's Progress!

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 3 (running: 0; walking: 3;  biking: 0) Money Found For Food Bank: $$9.82

2,015 in 2015 Team Progress (yes, we still need a name): Nancy: 3  Aaron: 5.3  Elly: 2.3 Total: 10.6
Up and at it!
In a pretty unexpected turn of events around here, I volunteered to get up early and go walking with Aaron! With break winding down, I totally used our new movement challenge as reason to get back on a more normal schedule so Monday isn't a complete and utter shock to the system. Besides, my body could use some groovin' after this last week of make-no-apologies holiday celebrating! I wasn't ready to run this morning, but a solid walk did me right. It also did me right back to bed for a power nap, but that probably had more to do with staying up way too late to watch the (could-that-have-been-more-awesome) Alabama/Ohio game than going on our walk!

Our outing produced a lovely sampling of what exercise around here has come to mean, too:
Pennies (of course there's a bent one!), a
BB and -- duh -- a soft shelled turtle toy.
It was a good day for easing back in! I recall going for a run last year on the 1st, and I recall not really liking it very much! I know it felt good after to move, but I also know I'd put an unrealistic goal on myself to exercise in some way every, single day (seriously, that was so stupid), so that run was much more forced than inspired. Hitting the ground softly today because I wanted to was much more satisfying!

And, tomorrow? Well, I have a date with my girl tomorrow, so there's no way I'm running! We'll check in at some point, though, so we'll see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment