Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Over the Hump!

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 85.9 (running: 51; walking: 5.1; biking: 29.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $15.91

2,015 in 2015 Team Progress (for the love of all that is good in this world ... We need a name!!): Nancy: 85.9  Aaron: 69.2 (b: 55.9; w: 13.3)  Elly: 14.5 Total: 169.6

Elly thought she would have a better chance of joining me on a run today if she used her very best manners. So, she quietly followed me around all morning, then she posed in her very best posture to demonstrate discipline and readiness:
"I crossed my paws like a lady
and everything ..."
It didn't work, but I got a great dose of cute to start my day!

It was a good run, indeed, full of sunshine and shiny money (yay!) as well as chock full of wind (boo) and weather fluctuations I can't seem to keep up with. The warmer morning and sun in its glory brought out the best in people today, many of whom liked noting to me, "Feels good out today, huh?!" as I passed. It's nice how people emerge both physically and in friendliness when the weather allows for outdoor time for the masses! I'll enjoy these mornings and the people they bring while they're here because it's supposed to make another big turn for the cold by the time Monday rolls around!

Clearly, it's not as cold as a freezer out there right now ...
I spared you of the to-go box of what looked like dinner in
re-run form and, instead, offer what I don't often see: Ice
cream cone melting in the street! Don't they know they threw
away the best part of the cone? Who's with me on that one?!
It was the normal 4 1/2-mile loop, and all was well. I enjoy this route, but I will also enjoy the variety the training schedule tends to bring. I'm a creature of habit, so I definitely get myself hunkered down in pretty staunch routine. It's both good and bad. Mostly good. But, I'm ready for something to force me out of it ... training starting Monday will take care of that!

I wanted to make sure no one ate the
centerpiece. Because it's the same
candy I had in that dish last year.
The exact same candy.
Quick kitchen update: So, the family tried the recipes from yesterday. To no surprise at all, the Pumpkin Crunch was a big hit to all! To my big surprise, everyone was on board at least to some degree with the Baked Oatmeal To Go. (My biggest surprise was Pit Crew #3; he ate a mini muffin, gave me the, "Not bad" nod and statement, and that was that. I know that nod; it should be called, "Not bad, but I'm not going to eat any.") Pit Crew #2 took a bite and immediately said, "That's a good base. What can we put on it?" She went on to dress another with some Nutella, and then she added a dollop of plain Greek yogurt plus a bit of the Pumpkin Crunch to another. She thumbs-upped both creations!

As for me: I was in a time crunch at breakfast this morning, so while I made my usual eggs, I popped two of the To Go squares in the toaster, and I put it on a darker-than-lighter setting. When toasted, I put about an eighth of a teaspoon of Smart Balance butter on each, they were *perfect*. Their edges were crunchy, they were yummy warm, and they were delish! That was my kind of thing! So, there are some other ideas for this recipe -- I think it needs to be a wee bit personalized*, and we figured out good ways to do that for us! I don't doubt there are more to come!

* I watched Aaron go straight to the container and pop one of the squares in his mouth right when he came home from work. I suspect his bottom-line vote is: No personalization required!

Speaking of more, tomorrow is more running! I'll check in after!

No comments:

Post a Comment