Wednesday, January 21, 2015

RAH RAH For US ROAD RUNNING

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 72.3 (running: 37.4; walking: 5.1; biking: 29.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $14.36

2,015 in 2015 Team Progress (yes, we still need a name -- but, I'm closing in on some possibilities ...): Nancy: 72.3  Aaron: 46.4 (b: 36.8; w: 9.6)  Elly: 11.5 Total: 130.2

It's amazing what happens when the person on the other end of a problem you have actually wants to help and be a part of the solution.

I AM A FAN
Remember my bad-mood post yesterday about Pit Crew #3's Green Ninja medal not showing up in the empty envelope and how the USPS representative truly could not have cared less? I had the exact opposite experience with the representative from US Road Running (from where I ordered the medal). In short, I sent her an email letting her know what happened and asked if there happened to be any more coming down the pike for future virtual runs (as this one was recently sold out). I spared her my sob story, but I did put out there that I understood I needed to pay for a new one if one was to be purchased. I wrote her well after business hours, so I knew I wouldn't hear from her yesterday.

I opened my email this morning, and there was already a reply. The bottom line is another is being resent. In fact, as we speak, it's already in the mail.

Are you kidding me?!?!

You bet a gushy thank you went back to her! I signed it off with thanking her for being a kind human being behind a business because not everyone is (see aforementioned business representative). It's not that I expected anyone in this equation to do anything other than attempt to solve the problem even if not to the extent that my product was replaced. Don't get me wrong, I'm super stoked it is. But, just the situation being taken seriously enough to have a bit of compassion in the email exchange with Patty at US Road Running was enough to keep the good of the human spirit alive. Corny but true. Being blown off by the USPS wasn't quite so settling.

By the way, the email confirmations that a package (the medal) has been sent has a notation at the bottom that if there are any questions about the shipment, contact US Road Running or the USPS. I'm thinking that might need amending ...

Stores are starting to decorate again!
In other breakneck speedy processes, I ran this morning! (hahahahahaha ... I mean, I did run ... that wasn't the funny part ...) It was Day 2 of the new shoes, and I think they're going to work out great. I noticed the area for my toes is good and roomy which is a bonus for someone who seems to have a toe that goes a little nutty and tries to bust out of confined spaces. I also have few concerns about the durability of the toe area; the only reason concern exists at all is because I feel the need to believe it when I see it ... or, when I don't see my toe come through the top! Anyway, it's a good start, and, by Friday's run, I hope to have the laces switched out into the purple bling I've been patiently waiting to use!

It was a good outing in that I didn't skip out on the last hill when I wanted to and, instead, coached my way up it. I need to start getting my head out of 'between races' mode and back in the game so I can exercise that part of the running game, too. Training officially starts next week, and that week is quite easy, but it's best if I actually ease myself back into it.

It's kind of like when you've been staying up really late all summer then realize you probably should have started going to bed a little earlier to get used to going to school; it's rather jarring when you break a pattern cold turkey!

Alrighty, shoes are being put to the test, money is being found, miles are being logged, and business is being taken care of both in the material and human ways. That's a good Wednesday! I'll check in on tomorrow's break from running!

No comments:

Post a Comment