Thursday, January 29, 2015

Again?!?!

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 89.7 (running: 54.8; walking: 5.1; biking: 29.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $16.30

2,015 in 2015 Team Progress (for the love of all that is good in this world ... We need a name!!): Nancy: 89.7  Aaron: 69.2 (b: 55.9; w: 13.3)  Elly: 14.5 Total: 173.4

Elly was again hopeful to join me this morning, but she didn't bother getting off the couch to ask. Because, why get up if it's going to be for nothing?
"What if I just look interested and cute instead of following
you around today ... will that work?!"
The wind is what worked to Elly's advantage today. You see, the weather report was that it was 40 degrees out, but there was a wind going on that made it feel like it was 22! It's that same, darned wind that woke us up at 3 a.m., so I wasn't surprised, but I wasn't inspired, either, to run.

I considered my options for a few minutes and actually landed on the idea to just bike instead of running. But, I really wanted to go outside, so the bike wasn't exactly calling my name. Then, I just knew having Elly with me to run would be a happy distraction from the elements. Even if not, I vowed to not go a full 4 miles to make sure Elly didn't overdo it, so, together, I figured we'd have a great time!

As it was, we did have a fun time together! I routed us so Elly wouldn't run alongside traffic (because she's a scaredy pants), and that helped move things along. At one point, though, she kept pulling to the left, even seeming to defy my "This way!" command to which she normally immediately responds. It took me a second, but I figured out she wasn't being defiant; she was being blown by the wind. For real.

After seeing what was happening to her ears at a recent stop light ...
... you'd think I might have anticipated this!

In addition to wind navigation, Elly got a lesson in maneuvering the parking lot obstacle course in the name of finding treasure ...
She got through it like a boss! And, we found a few pennies there ... thirty-nine cents total for the run!

It was such fun to be with her again!
And, then we got home where she went down the stairs from deck only to end up missing the bottom step and falling into the grass. That'll hurt a dog's leg. Oh, yes ... front leg hurt again.
"Dammit!!!"
Yes, it was back to the couch for the next many hours. Not that that's different from most days, but still. Poor puppy ...

In housekeeping news, I just checked, and I'm going to wrap up January only about 2 miles behind my January 2014 mileage total. That was some good news as I feel 'behind' in terms of keeping a steady pace for my year-end total goal. I'm not a fan of feeling behind because I don't like having to catch up on anything that's avoidable. (In a total fyi, last year at this point, I'd found $8.93 ... I've nearly doubled that this year! Luck has been on my side!)

Shifting topics but also of the housekeeping variety, Aaron confirmed his delight of the Baked Oatmeal squares as they are. No tweaking required, but he's totally on board with adding things in. Duh, because he's Aaron. I had two more squares from the toaster for breakfast today ... I can't tell you how much I was looking forward to them, too!! Don't you love when you find that thing you can't wait to have?!

Alrighty ... tomorrow's a rest from running, so that's just what we'll do! I'll check in with some Friday biz, so I'll see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment