Sunday, January 4, 2015

Not a Fan Of This Day

I seriously hate the last day of any break. I absolutely love having the kids home, I love it even more when Aaron can take time off, too, and I hate when everyone scatters back to their respective paths. *sigh* Today being that day, I spent my time fighting how much I hate it and savoring every minute before everything starts over "normal" tomorrow. Normal and routine are not bad things, but I'll take chaos and what-day-is-it-again? with my family any time!

We were busy throughout the day from taking down trees (which does not in any way imply all of the decorations are even close to being put away!) to playing games. The kitties were busy, too. Daphne helped with a puzzle ...
... before hunkering down in front of the fire to nap the afternoon away with her sister:
Speaking of Daphne, I'd like to report that the very day I called Game Off with her assault on the Christmas Tree Bluebird of Happiness, she left it alone entirely. For crying out loud.

Anyway, as an end-of-break hurrah, Pit Crew #2 and I eeked out as much craft time together as we could (another way of saying 'never enough',) which is when I made these little gems for my Dad with my die-cut machine:
How cute are THOSE? Dolloped with a little glitter glue, and ba-da-bing, those are some decorations to make the end of the holidays and the beginning of January fantastic!

So, tomorrow ... I have a lot of restocking and restarting to do tomorrow, and it's going to be a full one! And, even though I'm fairly certain I'm not really ready for a solid run, I am totally ready to do whatever I need to get back in the groove. That will be the best way to kick it all back up again! I hope your Monday starts off exactly the way you want, and I'll check in after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment