Saturday, January 17, 2015

Out With the Old ...

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 60.9 (running: 28.1; walking: 3; biking: 29.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $13.28

2,015 in 2015 Team Progress (yes, we still need a name -- but, I'm closing in on some possibilities ...): Nancy: 60.9  Aaron: 37.9 (b: 28.3; w: 9.6)  Elly: 9.3 Total: 108.1

Happy weekend!!! I do so love a weekend. It's even better when it's of the 3-day variety!!

Part of the weekend will be used earnestly looking for new shoes. Mine. Are. Done. The treads are so worn that they're really non-existent, and I can feel it throughout my legs, feet and lower back. I'm sore, quite sore, within the first mile and shouldn't be. Every problem I'm having right now, small as they may be, is attributed to shoes that have more than done their time. No more playing around; they're getting replaced before I run one more step!

So, the morning run wasn't awesome in the running department, but it was most certainly awesome in the company department! See?!
Between my shoe issues and the fact that she needs to build up to mileage past 3, we mutually called one walk break and took turns along the way calling one more each. I like that PC#2 just calls it. I like that she's learned it's okay to do what you have to do to keep yourself safe and enjoying the outing!

I like that I taught her to adjust the 'start back up' point to take advantage of restarting down hill if it's available! She'd picked a "we'll walk to there," point, and I moved it back to where gravity worked to our advantage. And they say I never paid attention in science class.

It was good to run, but I'm putting a stop to it 'til I have some new kicks!! As I plan to run Tuesday, I'd better get on it!

For real, putting this off was really kind of stupid. My body is taking a beating from foot to lower back for no reason. I'm lucky it's just a pain right now as continuing on like this can so easily result in injury. Even a small injury is not necessary! Don't neglect what you need to take the best care of yourself, and I'll check in tomorrow!!

Now, if only I can find a pair of shoes that will work with my sparkly purple laces ...!

No comments:

Post a Comment