Friday, January 16, 2015

It Really Is Good

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 56.4 (running: 23.6; walking: 3; biking: 29.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $13.00

2,015 in 2015 Team Progress (yes, we still need a name -- but, I'm closing in on some possibilities ...): Nancy: 56.4  Aaron: 31.7 (b: 22.1; w: 9.6)  Elly: 9.3 Total: 97.4

I think this is probably the most important message for today:
What's better than that?!

I think of that, or a similar, sentiment on almost every run. Every time I think about being tired or sore or wanting to do something else -- anything else -- than that run, I think about how lucky I am that I can and how great I tend to feel later.

This sentiment did not keep me from being hacked about how badly my shoes are worn out, though, and I made a vow that I would at least attempt to replace them this weekend. Seriously. They've had it and a ready to retire.

This morning's run was full of sore feet for the first mile, thanks worn-out shoes fresh air and blinding sunshine (it gets blinding when you're totally not used to seeing it!), lots of change and a few little things that I chose to stop and inspect like this seed pod:
Because I could.

It was so warm out that I decided Elly needed an outing of her own. So, after I finished my miles, I took her for a bonus mile. She was greatly appreciative.
I've also set myself up for her deciding that any time I come home from a run without her that I can go right back out. After a few days of furious yet unfulfilled dancing at the door, she'll learn!

We're looking forward to a 3-day weekend around here, so I'm totally scheduling a run tomorrow to make two days off Sunday-Monday! May your weekend planning be as smooth and awesome to look forward to, and I'll see you after the morning run (which I'm totally getting Pit Crew #2 out of bed to join me ... She just doesn't yet know it ... Shhhhh ...)!


No comments:

Post a Comment