Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Oh. So. Cold.

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 11.3 (running: 8.3; walking: 3;  biking: 0) Money Found For Food Bank: $10.97

2,015 in 2015 Team Progress (yes, we still need a name): Nancy: 11.3  Aaron: 15.3 (b: 10; w: 5.3)  Elly: 2.3 Total: 28.9

Oh, what a difference the wind makes!! It was 10 degrees warmer when I went out to run this morning, but there was a wind chill taking it back down to feels-like 11 degrees. And, I don't know about you, but "feels like" always feels way worse than the real thing! I knew I'd be okay today, I know it won't be okay tomorrow to run, so I went for it. I didn't sweat like I did yesterday. Probably something to do with the wind keeping me nice and cool ...!!

This was a super-sweet moment making stepping outside totally worth it, though:
It's funny how very quickly such scenes appear and are gone; I was so glad to have caught this one today!

Then I came home to a totally different scene. See if you can guess who the culprit of the toppled and strewn Christmas candy was by this picture:
Indeed. It's the one hiding like she's in jail.

The basket was on a desk. Apparently, the chair was pulled out just enough, and Elly had finally had just enough of something that smells so fab being just out of her reach. So, she took matters into her own paws.
She greeted me at the door like normal, but when she saw that I saw what she did, she tucked her tail and slunk away. Yeah, she knew. And, she knew I knew. Crazy beast. Fortunately, it looks like she didn't really make progress on getting through the wrappings. A Christmas Tree cake or two were nicely mauled, but the plastic wasn't broken. It could have been worse.

Doesn't she look totally pathetic? I mean, have you ever seen her ears glued so close to the side of her head?
Oh, and just when Elly recovered from her massive guilt complex, I turned around to see someone else on the prowl:
"I'm not doing anything."
She's not really that interested. She was probably just looking for another bird.

I don't have a lot to report from the run because I think my brain froze during most of it. I know my face was on its way as it was nice and numb and all tingly when I finished and got inside. So, let's all thank the pup for today's excitement, and I'll check in on tomorrow's so-very-blustery day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment